L-theanine coming in the mail tomorrow

Hopefully it will help with the anxiety I’ve been having lately. Who else takes it? Does it help? I’ve read about it but I’d like to know personal experiences with it before taking it.

Also my psychiatrist said it shouldn’t have any drug interaction with the abilify. I’m assuming it’s good.

2 Likes

Paging @everhopeful …!!!

1 Like

Personally for me, it doesn’t do that much but I’m pretty sure @everhopeful has more knowledge and experience than I do.

2 Likes

I don’t think it will help my anxiety
My anxiety is due to my breakthrough paranoia and voices
It wront work

I take it with abilify. I’ve worked my way up to taking quite a lot of it per day.

As you’re in the USA I’d recommend this brand next time

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Best-Suntheanine-L-Theanine-150-mg-90-Veggie-Caps/12959

100mg won’t do anything. The minimum you need to get any effect is 200mg.

If you’re like me and you’ve been taking large quantities per day for ages then you can’t quit it cold turkey. You’d have to taper off it.

It’s a great supplement and counteracts abilify induced anxiety to a great extent for me.

2 Likes

Thank you. The one i got was 250mg.

2 Likes

I take l theanine and it does really help my anxiety. I take 200mg sometimes up to 4 times a day depending on my symptoms. Some days I can get by with 1 or 2, I also take gabapentin which works very good for my anxiety.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.