Kicking myself right now...forgot about a charge on my bank account

and now we’re broke…dangit.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. I’m broke this month too. It’s a birthday month. Mine and my son’s. I went a smidge overboard on gifts. But I’m going to enjoy seeing him open his gifts and the money came out of the grocery budget so hey, I guess I’ll lose a little weight.

But, you know what’s weird? Seeing your post made me go check my bank account online just as a matter of habit and it looks strange. The balance is really low and a lot of my bills haven’t hit yet. I can’t tell if maybe someone has messed with my account or something. Or maybe the bank is just doing site maintenance right now.

2 Likes

I watch my account like a hawk. Not bc I am tight but bc my former friend had no problem with draining my account. I caught him eventually.

Anyways,

Being broke is no fun. Been there myself plenty of times.

Thankfully I have a number of side hustles when times get lean.

4 Likes

Call your bank or go in right away. That could be serious. If there was maintenance, there would be a message saying that

2 Likes

Sorry you’re broke. We are too this month.

1 Like

I thought I spent too much money but I think I have enough money left for the food I want for the rest of the month.

1 Like

what a coincidence i just transferred 150$ to my bank account from my selling account and payed off a bunch of my future payments. now im down to under $1 then a few minutes later i get charged $12 from a free trial i forgot to cancel. fml now i have to borrow money from my mom to cover the charge by the time it finishes processing

2 Likes

I was very concerned so I kept checking it. At 2am whatever the glitch was righted itself and now the balance is correct. I’ve never noticed that happening before. There was a huge deficit going back 3 months. Kinda freaked me out.

2 Likes

Sorry @jukebox
Hope you make it through the month until your next check comes in.

We had to open another credit card.
Got one for a few thousand extra dollars -
i know the interest will be a big hit - but its necessary.

2 Likes

I’m glad everything turned out ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats ok lol. I forgot about the auto-renew on a Mcfee Virus subscription and got charged £64.99 lol.

Im actually using it - and binned off malwarebytes. Its quite good .

it’s not as bad as I thought…some checks landed last night that didn’t show that they came out…so it wasn’t so bad…sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.