Just when things where going great

I had started a new job that was leading to my career path and now I might have to quit or at least put it on hold.

I spent the whole day at my physicians to run a series a test to see if the mass in my knee has grown or if it has spread which it has to both knees and ankles. So I was tested again for bone cancer which I think was pointless seeing as it has spread! Then I was also test for rheumatoid arthritis and are ruling out that I don’t have osteoarthritis that it’s a much worse condition.

Can I ever just catch a break!!!

I’m sorry that sounds very stressful :pensive:

1 Like

It is but more than anything it’s disappointing because I’m finally doing well mentally and it like when I’m doing great my physical body starts giving out :cry:

“Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart.”
If it’s not one thing it’s something else. Wishing you a good diagnosis.

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate that!

1 Like

That’s how I feel all the time too. Like you can never win.

Best we can do is just keep fighting for our mental and our physical health.

1 Like

Yeah I’m doing my best to stay positive just feeling a little sad at the moment

1 Like

It’s good to feel our feelings. I think you have a right to feel sad. The idea that we should be positive all the time is toxic and encourages emotional repression.

I hope that you can figure things out and that things improve for you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I definitely agree, at my treatment center that I work at I always to my patients that it’s okay to feel. It’s how we take action on what we feel that really counts

1 Like

Update, i do have bone cancer. The good thing is that I have a high chance of coming out of it in a good note. Started chemo already so the mass and cancer cells can shrink. I’ve been given medication for the pain and sickness feeling.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed it all goes well for you. It’s good that you’ve got a good prognosis.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m doing my best to stay positive

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.