Schizophrenia.com

Just happy with my life

I guess I am happy and thankful for having schizophrenia and being an alcoholic. There are so many diseases I don’t have and am thankful not to have. Schizophrenia has made my life hard at times and the stigma has been hard to live with as well but I have managed. I have been lucky in many ways and am blessed to have a wife and two children. I still have my parents with me and since I stopped drinking I have every day sober to enjoy whatever life throws at me. My schizophrenia is a mild case and that is a blessing as well. I am enjoying the spirit of christmas and really am just fine with myself theese days. We have enough money so that we can relax and I am not struggling so hard to get and get more out of life. Whatever god gives to me is quite enough

4 Likes

Your post makes me smile. Have a great Christmas. You sound like you are doing well. Keep that loving family close.
What are the HOT toys the kids want this year?

0 Likes

I’m proud of my schizophrenia too, it has made me who I am right now.

0 Likes

Good post, but why do you call yourself: leech_john?
Leech being the question?

1 Like

Sounds good…I long for settling down. I am a college student and I hate being young, to be honest. After recovering from my demonic case of schizophrenia, I feel like an old man. I feel hope when I hear about people like you, but something in me feels like it is only a fantasy to one day settle down and live a quiet life. It’s always been extreme for me, one crazy year after another, OCD one year, anorexia the next, substance abuse the next, schizophrenia for the next two, damn. I have had one hell of an experience reaching the age of 20.

But your post makes me smile! Enjoy the holidays and I hope you keep feeling well!

0 Likes

Congratulations on quitting the booze.

0 Likes

i am really happy for you.
take care

0 Likes

“whatever god gives to me is quite enough”

that’s marvelous. I wish I could have such an attitude. bless you for your inspirational talk here.

judy

0 Likes

Thank you for all of the positive replies. It has been quite a journey and I am happy to still be around to experience life fully. Blessed holidays to you all,

0 Likes