Just dx frontal left lobe seizures and now on lamictal

He says it’s a good psych meds as well. Anyone take for seizures and psych? What’s your experience?

I was recently prescribed Lamictal but decided not to take it because there are dangerous interactions between Lamictal and Depakote.

Lamictal is a good med against depression but it caused lots of anxiety and mania.

I take Lamictal (Lamotrigine), and it really helps with my moods. My sister is on it for seizures as well, but I don’t know how much it helps with them. She’s on the max dose, but she still has seizures.

1 Like

Try non prescription antiseizure supplements like omega 3 fish oil capsules, DMG (dimethylglycine). DMG is a good antidepressant too and best for improving mood, reducing anxiety etc. Omega 3 is a well know natural supplement for brain health.

Things to avoid especially for those who have seizure risk. Caffeine and other stimulants, too much zinc, too much NAC (n acetyl cysteine) etc.

Lamictal is a life saver for me. It stopped both mania and depression. I’ve tried going off it a few times and it’s been a disaster. No side effects to report.

Is 50 mg or 100 thereputic? Is that all you take? What symptoms of mania were you experiencing?

Ultrarapid cycling hypomanic-mixed-depressed. 400mg.

You have to slowly titrate the dose up till you get to a dose that works for you.

For bipolar depression DMG, TMG supplements are really helpful to improve mood. Try it and experience the result yourself. Prescription drugs carry several side effects which doctors won’t tell.

I’m on 200 mg, 2x/day. I had been on 150 for years, but about a year and a half ago, I started feeling aggressive again, so up it went!