Just dropping in for an update PS. I like šŸ¢

Hey guys,

havnā€™t been on here for a while! You will probably remember me as "I Like Turtles. :blush: and then the whole site crashes :smiley:

Iā€™ve been doing well. I seem to have recovered/remitted from the psychotic and mood portion of my disorder. I have had hardly any issues with it since october 2019.

I have been doing maintenance rtms treatments basically every 2 weeks since september 2019. That has stabilized me.

Still been dealing with fatigue/ hypersomnia/inattention. Gave modafinil a go twice but no help with that one.

With this whole pandemic ordeal going on my rtms treatments have been cancelled until further notice so I talked to my psychiatrist about taking something to hold me over and keep me functioning so I can keep learning and going about daily activities.

Just started a trial with ritalin. So far it seems to be of help, and it seems to reduce anxiety for me, probably because it slows my thoughts down, and oddly I donā€™t seem to have any crash from it. it kind of feels like a better acting form of caffeine.

the pychiatrist is pretty confident I have low probability of mania with taking it as I havnā€™t had mania in years.

its also possible im dealing with innatentive adhd along with the bipolar stuff. so that is the next part of the brain equationā€¦

but erring on the side of caution i still have risperidone if needed, or if i want to take lamictal i can.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Cheers.

I like turtles :turtle:

6 Likes

Great

But what do you by an AP as needed?

It requires daily maintenance intake.

SIR LEVEL!!! I am so excited to see you! Glad to hear rtms has gone so well for you!

1 Like

Sorry I missed this at first. I am very glad you are back.

Hey thanks! All is going well.
Im actually getting to the bottom of the fatigue and hypersomnia issues.
Pdoc says I likely have a sleep disorder so Iā€™m getting a sleep study done.
Itā€™s likely I have the non 24 hour sleep wake disorder.
It makes sense cuz some days my mornings feel like night and my nights feel like mornings :hear_no_evil:

Hope you are well ninja

Cheers

1 Like

I am so well my friend. I acquired a child! He is 13 and pretty rad.

Sleep disorders can cause psychosis pretty often. I know @Anna got diagnosed with a sleep disorder and is doing great now!

3 Likes

Thats wonderful! Thatā€™s very exciting. Heā€™s going to be a handsome and very strong Ninja under the guiding light of Mr and Mrs ninjastar :blush::blush: happy for you!

1 Like

Hey @LevelJ1. Welcome back to the forum. Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™re doing well.

I changed your user status from new user to member. Also, added a tagline for you. :grin:

2 Likes

Heyy thanks moonbeam hope your doing well too.

Yes the turtle is back :smile:

I wonā€™t be on too often but Iā€™ll drop by :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome back @LevelJ1!

1 Like

Thanks wave hope your doing well

1 Like

Hey yā€™all,

So Iā€™ve been working on figuring out my sleep disorder.

I bought some light therapy glasses.

So I use the glasses for 20 mins when I wake up.
Then I also take 0.25mg of melatonin 30min to 1 hour before sleep.

The light therapy is to stop the melatonin and the micro dose of melatonin is whatā€™s recommended to start the melatonin cycle. (not using melatonin as a sedative)

Anyway over the past couple weeks Iā€™ve gone from sleeping in till 12-230pm to waking up at 730-930am.

But the real kicker is I actually feel alert during the day which is unheard of for me.

I could force myself up early but Iā€™d always feel like death and feel half asleep and fatigued all day in a haze till like 6-10pm.

Now thatā€™s getting fixed :see_no_evil::blush:.

I even feel like my concentration is coming back. Maybe the messed up sleep rhythm has been the culprit for that.

Cheers
Level

2 Likes

Oh, you have been missed. Glad you are, er, ā€œlevelingā€ out so well!

Alas I cannot quite get to the state where I can use an A.P. on a PRN basis. Jealous I am, as Yoda would say.

Keep checking in!

2 Likes

Thanks! Hope you are doing well too. Hope your family is well :blush:

Cheers

What kind are they? Blue blockers?

We are doing okay! The wife and I have remained employed through this craziness. Weā€™re feeling blessed.

2 Likes

Hey Level1, all bolting turtle jokes aside. Thatā€™s good that youā€™re feeling better. I was kind of wondering whatever happened to you. 6 months of no positive symptoms is a big chunk of change; hereā€™s to hoping it stays that way.

1 Like

Yeah I still am positive symptom free. I really have no answer for why it has all gone away other than I did a lot of rtms treatments (that stabilized my mood), but that wasnā€™t for psychosis or anything. I guess just over the years it lessened for me.

regardless I am happy how things are going.
Hope your doing well nick

A turtle bolts for the nearest exit

2 Likes

Yeah, well iā€™m poor. :slight_smile:

I got Luminette glasses. its basically a visor with full spectrum led lights that shine down to the bottom of your eyes. So you can still eat breakfast and stuff with them on or read or whatever you do in the morning.

Basically I was trying to decide on using a alaska northern light box (standard medical approved 10000 lux light box)

but I didnā€™t really want to sit 12 inches away from a light box for 30 mins every morning. So I saw these luminette glasses on amazon, there was a 30 day return policy so I figured what the heck Ill try these first and if they help then ill just keep them, if not ill send them back.

Im a pretty skeptical person, I have tried every supplement/vitamins etc under the sun and have minimal faith in supplements, so the light therapy thing I had similar doubts, especially glasses, but I noticed they worked pretty quickly I was pretty surprised. Ive used them for a few weeks and they work the same as when I started.

1 Like