James Holmes has SZ

I have sympathy for the guy. All these sociopaths are crying to have him murdered over his crimes, but what good is that!? Is that seriously the average American’s understaning of SZ? Seriously?

Have they no idea that hallucinations becon certain SZ’ers to spill blood or cause violence? Have they no idea the emotional torture you feel as an SZ’er during certain states, whether medicated or not?

NO, of course not. Just kill person X, that’d make the world a better place. Thankfully someone on the jury had the right mindset - life without parole. Hell, I’d take that sentence and I haven’t even committed a crime. Curse these people. I wish all of humankind suffer SZ, if that’s their attitude toward us.

1 Like

I don’t know if I can sympathize anyone can murder any people, even if they have a mental illness. He’s dangerous and violent. If not death, he should stay in prison for the rest of his life.

We’re all sz and we’re not murderers.

At least I hope.

The dude is a jackass to say the least.

When it comes to violence, I don’t have the hallucinogens telling me to kill, just to cause harm.

oh really? what kind of harm? hurt yourself? that’s very dangerous.

He’s a dangerous person. That said I don’t think he knew what he had done. he should obviously not walk the streets again. But I don’t agree with the death penalty for anyone. Give him life is my IMO.

1 Like

I know a lot of mentally ill people cause harm to animals but what we do nowadays to animals is not any better either. our society sucks.

I’ve been kind of wanting to ask what people thought about Morgan Geyser, the 12 year old girl who tried to kill her friend for Slender Man. She’s been diagnosed with sz, is being tried as an adult, and isn’t getting treatment.

1 Like

I’m not opened to those violent tendencies anymore. It took a solid 2.5 years to beat those voices out of me. Holmes, however, was probably struggling as well… just didn’t win the battle in time.

In James Holmes’s case, I don’t support the death penalty for anyone, so I don’t for him, either. But all the minute planning that went into killing as many people as possible before responders could arrive make me think that there was more than sz going on with him. I hope he gets treatment, but I don’t think sz is the sole reason for what he did.

1 Like

I’m really glad you did. I personally have never gotten violent. I did have anger issues before my psychosis but it might’ve been my upbringing. I’m happy for you

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. You might think differently if your mother or sister or brother etc. was in that theater that afternoon innocently watching a movie and they got gunned down with a bullet through the heart or through the lung.

1 Like

How could anyone who would do such a thing not be crazy? But I don’t think the criteria was that he was sz, but that whether or not he was so deranged as to not know the difference between right and wrong. I don’t know what the criteria for that is. I could argue that a large number of seventeen year old boys are so addled they don’t know the difference between right and wrong. I think there are specific legal guidelines to finding that a person doesn’t know the difference, but I don’t know what they are.

Like I told my dad, there was something there other than the Sz. I’ve played Doom, fired guns, and been in fights, but you never saw me shooting up a theater. I was scared of others, so I tried to get away.

Sz kind of brings out what is at your core. It brings out the worst in you, all of your vices.

He still blinked at a slow rate. He had put on some weight, so according to an article posted here, he probably was doing better. He was aware of what was going on at the trial.

I don’t want James Holmes dead only because he is /was sick. However he has committed the most barberous of crimes and remains a schizo that choose to kill.