Ive stopped looking at people when I talk to them

I just noticed this today. I was always very bad with eye contact but now I don’t even look at people’s faces. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out and is just a phase, or lack of practice.

1 Like

I experienced that for a brief period of time. It’s gonna go away :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, I did that too for a period there.
Then I started noticing and making an effort to look at people and say something appropriate, just not to be staring at them silently… lol

1 Like

look at other features on their face, i usually go between their eyes and their mouths. non-verbal cues are 80% of what you’re communicating. eye contact carries a chunk of that percentage.

try this (not guaranteed to work): start with eye contact. when they look away, look at their mouths. when they make contact eye again, look at their eyes. if you begin to feel uncomfortable, look at their mouths, not the eyes. it is pretty simple, does not take an einstein to do… just might help you out.

1 Like

I always stopped looking at people when I talk whenever I am troubled or worry about something.Recently I am like that,hope with some effort I put in all these would change

I find myself staring seriously and intently at people’s faces, as if I could see right through them. Some more truthful people I am afraid to make eye contact with.

I find watching faces distracting, but I’ve had to learn the habit so that my interactions go better. It’s one of those things that improves with practice.

Pixel.

I usually avoid direct eye contact, but lately I am making an effort to look people in their eyes, for me it might not be a SZ thing, but more of an anxiety issue.

The meds make me lose some focus also.

1 Like

I thought I was getting better with eye contact… I’m not.

I’ll just have to try harder.

1 Like

When I was talking with someone, I was usually looking on his mouth, not in his eyes. And I even did not realize it. I did this for years and I even did not even know. It was because I was full o fear and anxiety which goes hand in hand with my schizophrenia. And it could be like this because I use to look on that thing, which moves and mouth moves when someone talk. These two things are probably the reason. And I have realized that I have not look in the eyes, when I was better and have no anxiety. That was the time, when I start looking in the eyes. But today, I even do not know if I make eye contact or I look at mouth when I am talking with someone. Oh, I even don’t know if it make sense. And my english… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like