It's unfair to close discussion about alcohol consumption

Why is the topic of alcohol consumption being locked? The use of alcohol should be open to discuss… I for example can’t handle cannabis but I don’t see cannabis usage being shut down despite there are many users of cannabis. Therefore topics about alcohol should not be closed. Some can handle it, others don’t, that’s schizophrenia (just like cannabis usage)

I think some people were glorifying their alcohol use in the thread. It’s a bad example to those who suffer severe symptoms from alcohol abuse. I’m gonna use my mod powers, and not close this thread down just yet :wink: If we play nice…O wait I’m not a mod…So really I have no say in the decision at all…

1 Like

But trust me, if there was a thread glorifying cannabis use, it would be closed preeminently I imagine.

There was no one glorifying alcohol, the question was if schizophrenia goes together with alcohol consumption and that should be open to discuss. Yeah, some people can’t handle alcohol other can’t handle THC cannabis (I for example) that doesn’t mean I’m against it. Don’t know why there should be an taboo on alcohol consumption.

I think we should be open to discuss too. I think alcohol can be very detrimental, that said we should be able to offer advice to others regarding the usage of such substances as long as it doesn’t get out of hand.

1 Like

It’s weird because of all my years being a stoner…I was very much out in the world. Paranoid…but exposed myself to the world. All the years of being an alcoholic…I was very much closed out. Not as paranoid cuz I was indoors. But as bad as weed was for my psychosis, it exposed me to much of the world I never would have been exposed to if I had just stayed inside and drank alcohol all through my teens and early 20’s. I don’t know why I’m saying this but this thought just came to my mind.

Hey, I’m sorry, but we have to respect all of our members. We have a lot of people here struggling with alcoholism, which is a very serious illness. When these people see others talking about how great alcohol is, it makes them more likely to slip up. There are plenty of other places you can discuss alcohol use, but this isn’t one of them.

1 Like

For future reference, please read the forum guidelines

1 Like

And for the record, we shut down discussion of cannibis usage as soon as we see it. But we occasionally miss things, so if you see discussions that are against the guidelines, please flag them for us.

1 Like