It's time to stop saying words like 'Schitzo' and phrases like 'I'm so OCD.'

Do you really care about these phrases? I’m not sure I do.

7 Likes

I’m not really offended by these phrases.

I think it’s more a reflection of the person’s ignorance than anything else.

Remember when the “cute but psycho” t-shirts came out?

Thought the same thing about those.

6 Likes

I honestly couldnt care about whatever someone wants to call me !

Sensitivity will get you nowhere.

I support the movement but not the dumb ass " you know you got the label wrong " bullshiit !

3 Likes

We have 2 twin friends with sz, one of my friends call them schitzo gang. Like he call us and say wanna hangout with the schitzo gang? He doesn’t know I have sz though. I think he finds it cool. That friend is very close to these twins. We used to go swim at their house and watch soccer in the pool while eating and smoking shisha.

3 Likes

Context is everything and in the vast majority of cases there is nothing to be offended about. If normies fancy themselves a little bit ocd or even moderately hebephrenic who are we to complain.

1 Like

I don’t really like these phrases.

Like it’s okay if I call myself skitzo, but one time my husbands cousin and I were talking and she called somebody else “fcking skitzo” and it kind of bothered me (she didn’t know I have sz).

Then one time my dad said the same term “fcking skitzo” to describe a dog and I was butthurt because it’s like… you know I’m sz.

I also hate it when people say “I’m so OCD” when they aren’t diagnosed… cause I’ve known people who try to claim they’re even schizophrenic when they aren’t🙄

4 Likes

Why do you let these kind of things bother you though?

2 Likes

I don’t care much for the “word police”. If someone wants to say these words or phrases, I’m fine with it. People are too sensitive.

2 Likes

I don’t know… Because to me someone saying “fcking skitzo” doesn’t sound good. Like they have a thing against schizophrenics

1 Like

You will be much happier when you learn to laugh at this shiit !

The only one getting hurt is you !

I’m not really hurt though🤷‍♀️

1 Like

You sound like it might be hurting you just a little :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m not at all offended by the term “schitzo”. Why are the powers that be making a fuss about it?

1 Like

in my personal opinion, i agree with the article. more often than not…

“They oversimplify, and in many cases are inaccurate reflections of, the experience of these types of problems,”

this couldnt be more true. words, just like actions, have consequences.

“Use of (these) terms in this way can feel minimizing to individuals who have mental health conditions,”

you should care about how words make others feel, empathy is important regardless of how sensitive it makes someone seem. caring about other people is a good thing.

4 Likes

Being mentally ill is very “in” these days.

3 Likes

I know😂 that’s why it bothers me cause they’re just trying to be “hip” and it’s like… you have no idea what it’s like to be sz

2 Likes

People are ignorant : welcome to life.

Just get on with it, why would you cry over and idiot who you dont even like.

2 Likes

Because that idiot has a gun.

Doesn’t bother me. The people it bothers are the ones with so little happening in their lives that they have to manufacture problems to cope with the boredom.

3 Likes

So what if its inaccurate, accuracy is the point of only a limited fraction of language and to focus on that exclusively is just ignorance, or insincere virtue signalling

1 Like