It's time to stop saying words like 'Schitzo' and phrases like 'I'm so OCD.'

I am not an idiot, i am a skitzo. What a great excuse.

1 Like

In fact I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think the rise of the colloquial use is a sign of reduced stigma. The real taboo notions aren’t used in this way.

The new generation is completely failing and becoming more depressed due to not getting a like on social media, people are crying for help, and the ones who shouldnt be judging them, ironically are ! You can never educate someone by pissing them off !

thats ironic…

”Im so OCD” :grin:
Fifteen

3 Likes

What bothers me is that people use the word schitzo whenever there is an ambivalence / splitting without knowing anything about schizophrenia.

But i wouldn’t mind being called schitzo or mad or insane, because i am, but i don’t want to be called “emotional vulnerable” like people call mental illness in my country to be political correct.

1 Like

I brought you daffodils on a pretty string

For me the danger is labelling and limiting yourself. I don’t say I’m a schizophrenic, I say I have schizophrenia. There’s a big difference to me

One sounds hopeless and limiting, the other sounds totally doable, and it is

1 Like

And if somebody hurts you, I wanna fight,

But my hand’s been broken, one too many times

So I’ll use my voice, I’ll be so fuucking rude

Words they always win, but I know I’ll lose

If they are characterizing us outside of what is truth I care. If not, I don’t.

As far as insults go, I don’t want them to be common and go to insults because yeah it would be annoying to have random insults with such personal sting.

Hmm.

Honestly It Isn’t Offensive. Like We Should Care About Meaningless Ignorance.

What’s Offensive Is When People Lie About Having The Illness.

Or Commit A Crime And Blame It On Some Kind Of Mental Disorder To Lower The Jail Payment.

That Needs To End.

And Thankfully. The True Authorities Can Almost See Those Types Of People A Mile In Advance.

Those People Who Commit Crimes And Blame A Mental Disorder Truly Have A Disorder.

And It Goes Beyond What We Carry.

P.s. Hope, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Eternal Peace!.

I dont like the term schizo or schizophrenia

I love the term Skitzo i wear it proudly !

2 Likes

Hmm.

I Should Have Made It More Clear.

Perhaps Instead Of Me Claiming To Know The Center Of Each Member On Thus Site. . .,

By Saying, ‘What We Carry’…,

I Should’ve Said, , ,

What Actual Schizophrenic Or Schizaffective People Carry.

Ok. . .

It’s Better Now.

Hope, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Eternal Peace!.

The Orbital Compass~ ‘YouTube’. (0.1) (0.2) (0.3) (0.4)

I think the public uses it as a slur and I’m not okay with it.

2 Likes

I call myself the R word to wind up my mother. She doesn’t like Schizo either, but I say it when I am trying to make a point about the fact I am not that ‘normal’ in how I function as a person

The words are fine to me.

Although, at work I heard to the word Schizo being used to insult someone in a bad way behind their back, and that bothered me big time.

Lesson in context

It depends on the context. Imo.

Guy I used to date called me psycho sometimes out of spite.

This illness is hard on me so I would appreciate not being called such things out of spite when someone also knows that I don’t like it being used in that context. When they also know bout my illness

Since psycho has negative connotations

2 Likes

I sometimes use the word “schizophrenic”
to let my father understand.

i know im not schizo i took medication when i had anxiety.im not english speaker i thought antisycotic were short term used short term for depression and anxiety.i needed something also because i was lonly.

I tell people I’m nucking futs.

1 Like