It’s all pointless

I just can’t be bothered with anything anymore.

5 Likes

Negative symptoms destroy us. Turn us into nothing but dust.

1 Like

I wasn’t meant to be sick. I was meant to be great. What’s the point? It’s all just ■■■■ and now I’d rather be nothing.

I think you are a bit depressed…

2 Likes

It’s not normal to think like that. It really isn’t and that is the danger sign.

Yeah it’s a tough cop. Most folk are tied up in their own narcissistic struggles and your dealing with stuff that would destroy most folk.

Chin up. Talk to your shrink and ask for some help. Anything that is affecting your function is a problem with sz and negatives and depression are serious issues you need to deal with!

4 Likes

I think your making some issue bigger than what it seems. Look down and tell me you haven’t grown up from it

Do you think you need an AD just saying

1 Like

sorry I forgot what does AD mean in psych chat?

1 Like

Antidepressant 151515

I can’t take them because I have bipolar. I don’t know what I am tbh. I don’t think I’m depressed.

3 Likes

THAT REALLY HUMOROUS B/C I HAVE BIPOLAR AND MY DOCTOR ALLOWED IT :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

Some doctors do. I don’t understand their reasoning. I was on AD as a teen and it spiraled me into a mania.

1 Like

Yes, lots of life is pointless often. Very true. But if you put some work into your recovery you have a good chance of seeing the good in life. I’m not criticizing, I’m just saying that people get better. I sure didn’y enjoy living in a group home at age 19 for a year, psychotic and unmedicated. And I followed that with a 8 month long hospitalization. Those were not good times and I felt suicidal often and like giving up a million times. But with help and support and co-operating with the people trying to hep me I muddled through and now life ain’t always bad. I enjoy riding around in the nice weather in my car and many other things. I still have bad days of course, but if I do the little required of me, my reward is contentment and just enjoying people and nature and a few material things. But I sure couldn’t have predicted this at my sickest. And I’m obviously not the only one who gets something out of life.

1 Like

hey @StripedShirtBoy …what I said still has value for bipolar. It’s all a spectrum but it’s still something to look out for. Loss of function means something needs fixing. You need to explain these feelings to your doctor. There’s a lot of different strategies these days!

1 Like

Thank you. I am sza so I understand what you mean. I’m trying I really am. I’ve upped my dosage of Latuda. I run. I visit family and play with my kids. I try to eat every day. And well. I talk to friends. And sometimes it feels okay. There’s always this detachment I feel from the rest of the world but I get on. And then night time rolls in and everything gets quiet. Except my head. And the beings come out. And I become so tired I just can’t bare it anymore. It doesn’t seem worth it. I’m sorry. I’m being negative. I just thought I’d share my feelings here. But I don’t even know what I’m feeling. I feel nothing.

2 Likes

Sounds like negatives. Can be more problems than depression and it’s often confusing as folk get both together.

You can’t help how you feel! That is important because ultimately you want to be like everyone else and most folk don’t feel like that! Have a chat to your doc and explain how your feeling. It’s important!

And honestly my pdoc is a useless twat. He just keeps telling me the meds will do all the work. When I first started seeing him he said I only had BP because I have a job and I wouldn’t If i had sz and that the positive symptoms would go away with the meds. NEVER HAPPENED. He just pushes pills and no solid advice for steps to take along side medication. I don’t trust him.

1 Like

Thank you for replying to me. Sometimes I just need to vent and let it all out. I appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

Do you see a therapist?

1 Like

Don’t accept second best. Ask more of your doctor. This isn’t working what are your strategies! Go somewhere else…I know that can be complicated where you are and what your income level is but ultimately it’s your health and that affects your family!

Be educated about your illness and a second opinion is always a good thing!

1 Like