It has been seven and a half months

…since I’ve dined-in at a restaurant. We’ve had takeout maybe three times since February.

I miss it.

Stupid pandemic.

:frowning:

10 Likes

Yeah me too. I didn’t go much before the pandemic either because of economy. I almost never ordered take away I think. Maybe a couple of times my whole life. Guess I’m cheap. lol.

1 Like

i ate outside a couple times.

1 Like

I keep forgetting my mask so I have to go all the way back home and get it. I’m not used to it yet. I just order and take it home. It sucks not being able to order and sit in the lobby.

1 Like

It must be at least 9 months since I had cooked breakfast in the cafe. I’ve had a couple of takeaways . Being a fairly small town the choice isn’t that great here. What there is is fairly mediocre. The only big delivery chain here is Dominos, which doesn’t exactly lead the pack quality wise.

I live above what’s quite a good ‘bistro’ but have never been in there on my own. It attracts a lot of rather posh people, and I feel self conscious about that, although my upbringing was solidly middle class. A lot of it is self stigma, and the thought I’ll show myself up somehow…

2 Likes

I have been to chinese buffet once and an italian restaurant…my mom is brave and wants to take me so I go…

3 Likes

My cardiologist is not as brave as your mom. My “bubble” is immediate family only.

2 Likes

In the last month I think I’ve been within 12 feet of 3 people who may not already be immune to covid. Even that is way too many for my taste. 0 would be better for about the next 2 months, I think.

2 Likes

I’ve eaten out in the past month. But the Michigan Supreme Court decided that the governors state of emergency orders have been unconstitutional, so there won’t be orders soon for everyone to social distance and wear masks. I won’t be going out under those conditions.

2 Likes

Most of our fast foot joints are open for carry out and drive-thru. Getting sick of burgers though. KFC sounds good right now though.

2 Likes

I eat in the car in the parking lot. There are many fries deep in the seats for sure.

2 Likes

I have been to restaurants, shops, etc as most everyone here. Except for during the first wave. Things are different here. Though now a second wave might be coming, so things are getting stricter again. Im not scared to dine out, but im not high risk nor is anyone i know closely. I did start to wear a mask in shops etc, but 95% of people dont.

2 Likes

I went to a restaurant about a month ago but I didn’t feel great about it so I won’t again.

3 Likes

Went to a restaurant with some friends we were sad to leave behind this past Saturday evening. We cleaned out the duplex, left the keys in the mailbox for the landlord per his request, and snuck out for dinner.

It was weird.

The restaurant only had ten tables available out of about twenty-five because of distancing rules. Menus were taped to the tables. The glass salt and pepper shakers were gone and they had those disposable ones you use when camping. Couldn’t understand the waitress through her mask half the time. The whole experience was just uncomfortable. To top it off, the food wasn’t great. So much for the first meal out in over half a year.

Almost every time I go to my former city I go to my favorite greasy spoon for their awesome chili mac. Half of the tables cannot be used, but as long as I don’t go during the lunch rush there aren’t that many other people dining there. I might go there today.

As long as the food is good, I don’t find it to be a bad experience at all :slightly_smiling_face:.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.