Is this just paranoid?

I used to get paranoid when my psychiatrist never talked, he just sat there with a serious look on his face while I rambled on for 45 minutes about weird stuff in my life that I thougt about. I could just picture him in my minds eye after I left his office that he would let it all out and crack up and double over with laughter and slap his knee over what I had just told him when he was alone. I actually asked him, “When you got to parties with all your psychiatrist friends, do you guys swap stories about us and sit there laughing about all the bizarre crap we tell you?” He said no, but I have my doubts. I told him lots of weird stuff.

1 Like

psychiatrist are dead inside they wont laugh they are tired of hearing story about pain and loneliness he is probably felling your pain believe in the human hearth :smile:

One of my older psychiatrists kind of confessed that during his lunch breaks in the hospital where he also worked, him and a few of his co workers - fellow psychiatrists - would sit there at the lunch table and talk about their patients and the things that go on with them - I am assuming that at times they were laughing and joking when in discussion

1 Like

There’s a site out there that therapists and doctors go to exchange ideas and stuff. I ran across it once and read a few of their topics out of curiosity (kinda felt like spying on the enemy). Some of the things they post are so horrible. Basically half their message board is about making fun of patients. So yea, your doctor might not, but obviously there are doctors and therapists out there who do.

1 Like

Some do. They may not mention patients by name, but they tell stories. I’ve had a couple tell me as a patient about their other patients. One was trying to assure me my case wasn’t so bad because he had one patient who believed he was in constant contact with the CIA and was an agent who did missions for them. He told me the guy was really out there.
So, if they will tell another patient, I’m sure they talk among themselves and their families.

you must understand the fact that the mouth will say thing but the hearth will love thats how god created us

LOL my shrink says I pathologize and catastrophize everything about me and everything that happens. He says now that I am recovered I freakout at bad schizophrenic days and stuff like that.

He probably laughs a little bit and most likely talks about me, Im pretty interesting, Im pretty bright and also schizophrenic and resilient to schizophrenia by having a very strong ego. Im a strange red white and black bird of prey.

you have just made me paranoid…
take care

1 Like

human are human you are better then them

When I think back on some of the things I did IN my doc office, I’m sure he talked about me. I never picture him laughing. It’s taken many years and he just now smiles.

Sometimes I think he needs my visits so I can continue to humanize him. I think he’s progressing rather well, and I expect full recovery from the lab coat syndrome eventually. :wink:

If he talks to his colleagues now, I hope he laughs, I’ve been using my best material.

2 Likes

it is good to know your are making progress with your lab coat syndrome shrink, hopefully you will enable him to make a full recovery ! doctor bond…
take care

2 Likes