Is there a regional food/dessert/drink where you’re from?

Wow! The pig my dad’s cousin roasted was like a 600 pounder. He had a huge pig roast party with like 20+ people there. I’ve only seen a whole pig on the table in movies about rich people. It sounds like you learned something though and that’s good :blush:

2 Likes

Holy smokes that a mega pig! 600 pounds.
Yeah I only ever saw it in movies too :smile:

2 Likes

We have Cajun food. Too much to list. Jambalaya, pastalaya, gumbo, lots of seafood and cafe au lai and beignets.

Crawfish are in season now. The season just started. I have already had a few.

6 Likes

Jealous, man @TomCat

2 Likes

Ooh yeah jambalaya is so tasty

3 Likes

It’s smoked, shredded, and then topped with sauce. Others cook it in the sauce or coat with seasoning, or serve sliced. We use pits to smoke it.

3 Likes

It reminds me of Boston Cream Pie, except that it is a layered vanilla cake with custard filling. No nuts. Somewhat similar appearance. Is that a chocolate ganache on top of the successtærta?

3 Likes

Yes, I think so!

1 Like

Fried Catfish too?

3 Likes

Lots of fried catfish.

3 Likes

Boiled lobster and chowdah.

2 Likes

I don’t know if there’s any regional food near or in Paris…
That said : two foods with Paris in the name : jambon de Paris and Champignons de Paris.
I think most of the regional dishes come from other places in France.

1 Like

I dunno, I guess ‘fish & chips’ or ‘trifle’… Roast dinners?
Scones!

1 Like

Yum yummy :drooling_face:

1 Like

@Pikasaur Those desserts look amazing.
@LevelJ1 Your moms dessert looks amazing
@joker - lol know i did not make crème tea - but i toasted a croissant added whip cream and strawberry spread. I’m sure i would love the real thing for breakfast with my coffee.

5 Likes

A South Australian heritage icon is the Pie Floater. A meat pie served in a thick pea soup with tomato sauce on top.

I have lived here for forty years and have never tried one. The thought alone makes me want to vomit.

3 Likes

Maybe if its like those things you grew up with that makes it amazing.
But the photo and description does not make sense to me.

2 Likes

I could dig that @Sarah. We do a pie with peas and it’s great. Particularly if you use mushy, mashed up peas. Bit of bar b que sauce for me but so good if it’s a nice meat pie. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds delicious @rogueone (not) lol. I wonder if @Sezbot241 has tried the original pie floater as she originates from South Australia.

4 Likes

@Sarah @rogueone
I only like split pea soup - with bacon when i was a carnivore.

4 Likes