Is there a regional food/dessert/drink where you’re from?

Throw a good meat pie in it…you might be surprised! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@rogueone lol. And the tomato sauce? I don’t know sounds like so many ideas in one dish.

2 Likes

Funnily enough I love pea and ham soup and meat pies separately @Kxev ,

4 Likes

I live in a very Finnish part of Minnesota and every holiday season it is really common to have lutefisk.

1 Like

@ThePickinSkunk Really cool keeping some traditions alive. Desserts too?

2 Likes

To be a little more serious:
food- BBQ
dessert- pecan pie
drink- (not for me of course)sweet tea.

2 Likes

It sounds delicious to me

Haha :joy: I googled that. The description sounds gross. It’s probably good though

@Blizzard you must be from the Southern USA

1 Like

Iced coffee is here sold everywhere all year long. And fish and chips.

1 Like

I want fish and chips now

1 Like

I went to college in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where pasties are a big thing. It’s a pocket made with pie-like dough, I guess, I’ve never made them or ate them, but I’m told it bakes up flaky like pie crust. They’re filled with beef, potatoes, carrots, rutabagas and onions, and can be served “wet” (beef gravy on top) or “dry” (no gravy). You find them all over that area, my dorm served them once a year, but I never tried them because I cannot tolerate the taste of onions.

1 Like

@freakonaleash
Sounds like Pierogis I used to get from a corner shop. I was addicted to them for a while.

1 Like

Yes but the Winter has not been mild since January began so it’s more like another part of the country these days.

1 Like

Certainly have had the pie floater @Sarah! It is delicious!

1 Like

Yeah I get it. I’m not so far north of southern USA and we’ve had some below freezing weather for some days (like 2 days)

I lived in California and never touched an avocado.

Those things are nasty, why does every journalist think I eat them on toast because of my age bracket?

Guacamole isn’t too bad though. Never had it on toast, that sounds gross. Just chips.

Down here in Virginia we got southern barbecue sandwiches, buffalo wings, and lots and lots of burger joints. No In and Out here though, and I don’t miss it, their food was awful. I do miss Habit Burger though, they had slammin’ food, but don’t exist on the east coast.

2 Likes

Do y’all have cornbread and ramps with your pinto beans? Oh and fried potatoes?

Crêpes with maple syrup.

1 Like

Pancakes with butter and syrup

1 Like

The smell is awful so I haven’t tasted it. I’ve only ever seen it once in my life. :man_shrugging:

1 Like