Is there a hobby you had, but gave up on?

I made origami for eight years, then psychosis set in. I haven’t been able to fold since.

Here’s a few of my pieces…

10 Likes

I really like that second one. You should defo do more. I suppose that means your profile picture is something you made yourself too?

I used to make music. Both in bands and in a computer by myself. It used to be the only thing I cared about and I made a few songs I’m very happy with.

But both my bands changed with different members and I didn’t like the new styles. I will try and join a band again sometime. It makes me feel alive playing music with others.

When/if I have a bunch of spare money lying around I will invest in a new setup to make music on my current PC. I have an old macbook but its very outdated and slow and doesnt really do what I want.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m very sad. I used to do lots of crafts. I used to be so good at lots of things. Knitting namely. I don’t know the last time I picked up my needles or crochet hook. I should do that again.

3 Likes

And your origami pieces are gorgeous @fractaled

3 Likes

It is, yes. I’d love to keep doing it, but every time I try I can’t. It’s sad, I really loved it and it took a lot of time to be marginally good at it.

What do you play? I’ve always wanted to play piano or drums. I think musical talent is very enviable.

1 Like

In my bands I played bass guitar. I can also play a little piano, guitar, and I used to sing a lot when I was younger. I find words very difficult to write though so I kind of moved away from singing entirely as it slowed my writing down too much.

1 Like

I was thinking I might take up crochet or knitting. I want to keep my hands busy, but I don’t want to waste money on supplies for a hobby I might not want to take up. I’m still considering it though.

1 Like

Yes. I used to draw a lot. :horse::horse::horse:

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome! I wish I could draw more than a stick figure. I don’t understand how people can draw and paint at all. Boggles my mind, because it’s just not in me.

Yeah I used to doodle/draw a lot but eh… just nothing comes to mind anymore

2 Likes

I used to have a prized coin collection I spent a lot of time, money, and effort building up. Operative words “used to.” I miss it and the hobby, but what can ya do?

2 Likes

Painting. I tried and I failed. Hard. Desire does not always equal ability.

2 Likes

I’ve been forbidden from painting any rooms. My last go at it, I got as much on the ceiling as on the wall. Made a huge mess. I cannot even…ugh!

1 Like

Going to the gym, biking, playing soccer, basketball etc

2 Likes

Wow, that looks so cool! I hope someday you can get back to it… I used to practice boxing and the piano. But after some time my mental health started deteriorating so I had to quit on that, lol.

2 Likes

We share a similar un-skillset.

1 Like

Skateboarding

1 Like

making clay sculpture with self hardening clay…I still have some miniature pool balls I made so I have something from all the stuff I gave away…miss it…wouldn’t do it again…

1 Like

Well, I gave up on coin collecting and collecting stamps when I got asked to leave from renting a room in this couples house. I had stored my coin collection and stamp collection in their shed and when I moved out I didn’t get them back. Also left a bunch of memorabilia from my dad and just a week ago I realized I left all my photo albums covering a lot of my teenage years and my twenties and thirties. Obviously, those are irreplaceable.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.