Is solipsism the basis of most delusion?

When I was around 17 Ihad an extended period of positive psychotic symptoms, as the negatives which were like laziness started to subside.

The symptoms were solipsistic delusions where everyone was talking about me, the lights and colors were brighter, and Iwas having thoughts about being the originator of everything in the universe.

Over the years Ihave had lots of psychotic episodes with years of sometimes good funcitoning in between without meds. However, I have been on meds for almost a decade with one 1 year break recently.

That schizophrenia causes a person to become socially withdrawn and suspicious of others etc. is a very interesting state of being alone. Solipsism means something like ‘self alone’ in etymology. I wonder if schizophrenia could even be renamed Solipsism.

Not that I’m right now seriously proposing that, but what would be the biggest objections to calling Schizophrenia Solipsism?

Are their any major aspects of Schizophrenia that are not in some way connected to a person being in a very isolated and detached state from others and reality. It is really funny that Schizophrenia can have so many solipsistic themes, but nobody really understands this as ego, or individualism or something. Thoughts?

For me its just brain chemicals

1 Like

Yep but all the chemicals we are made of organize into a machine with its own power.

The chemicals are not completely in control.

1 Like

I can’t fight the psychosis without meds

2 Likes

I wish it was possible, i hate meds

1 Like

You can’t fight psychosis, but you do have some control over your actions, but you are in a very impaired state.

3 Likes

The meds are terrible frankly. Schizophrenia is worse, even though it is like being on drugs, so even though it is bad for you you still kind of enjoy it.

1 Like

You can find your idea on google scholar, it has been proposed some 30 years ago afaik.

1 Like

Ya I know I just wanted to talk abou it. Not in a scholarly way though.

1 Like

'PHILOSOPHY

the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.', from a Google search.

For me it felt like there was me, others, who spoke and behaved what’s on my mind, and the voice. Which felt Seperate from me but also connected to me.

Tbh I hated the connectivity energy of psychosis. I didn’t feel Seperate. Yea it was like everything was one large cancerous, out of control mass of some energy.

It’s horrible.

1 Like

Yeah but was it connected because you were the centre originating it or something else

1 Like

I didn’t have everyone talking about me. I had aliens sneakin’ around and I was The Man to stop them.

2 Likes

Yes I was the centre because I was the one experiencing it. But the voice was above me. Controlling me somewhat. I was it’s puppet.

2 Likes

Me too never thought that others are talking or thinking about me but i thought i knew the cure for cancer and mental illness, i downloaded the complete human genome but didnt know how to use it

2 Likes

Thats still one man alone kind of thing

1 Like

It gets like a really big ego

1 Like

I wonder if its also mania as in it there is also grandiose thoughts

Yes I thought I could slow down ageing, well… My voice told me to research it and find a way.

I was looking up telomeres it’s also to do with genetics lolllll.

Snap Aziz :+1:

1 Like

Outward control is an exception to solipsism but being chosen one is ego i think kinda

1 Like

I’m in AA so I’m never alone.

3 Likes