Is it possible?

So I have a question. Is it possible to have Dissociative disorders while having schizophrenia? I went through a lot of trauma as a kid and teen and find that I lose time and people tell me I act funky when I don’t remember doing it. Like I’m someone else.

1 Like

It is rare, but possible. We have a few members here with DID. Have you discussed this with a doctor?

idk @anon59133895 glad to see you back !!

I haven’t, but I haven’t had an appointment for a while, I just discussed with a higher up staff where I came to keep me safe…But I haven’t seen a doctor for some time now.

1 Like

Thanks dude ^.^

1 Like

I have a dissociative disorder due to trauma as well as sz. It’s definitely possible.

1 Like

okay glad I’m not imagining things

1 Like

Welcome back @anon59133895!
Yes it is possible to have both.

Chapter 20 of this book is about Dissociative schizophrenia

http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=7E202DB1A184CA5946C9D372DFCA10C2

https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781135906030/chapters/10.4324%2F9780203893920-54

1 Like

You really need to see a doctor about this.

1 Like

I will, I’m trying to talk to someone about it

1 Like

Thanks, Wave! I’ve missed this community badly lol

2 Likes

I’m highly dissociative alongside my psychosis (but no formal dx). It’s definitely possible.

When I get psychotic I black out. The last time I quit taking my meds I don’t remember about 3 or 4 solid days. Fortunately most of it was in the hospital.

Do you take antipsychotics?

I take mood stabilizers and antidepressants but all that happens with my psychosis is paranoia and voices. But whatever takes over manifests as two voices as well, a male and female. They aren’t aware of each other but are fully aware of me, and I’m aware of them.

1 Like

Maybe you need an antipsychotic? It can double as a mood stabilizer.

I would talk to your doctor and tell him or her you are blacking out and have voices. If it was really bad I think you would have been hospitalized by now but you can never be too safe.

Good luck with finding an answer.

I have DID I might be able to answer some questions about DID and you can bring it up with your doctor?

okay
I will ask about it

2 Likes

I have had periods of dissociation, but am not DID. I’ve lost time for over 3 weeks once.

It is totally possible to have sz and have a dissociation disorder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.