Is it possible to "swim" in ideas of reference?

Like perhaps ideas of reference are a window into a parallel or multi-universe? Maybe that’s why evolution has not gotten rid of schizophrenia because it is an advantage in seeing the world with a new eye/language. Like sometimes I feel like I understand seemingly meaningless things like what someone is wearing and what they may be planning, or why when people lie they touch their left ear lobes.

1 Like

Ugh…this is like the 3rd positive opinion of sz I’ve seen in the last couple days.

Sz is not a positive thing. It’s something to overcome and adapt to at best. It’s not a positive… If I could magically get rid of it, I wouldnt hesitate.

7 Likes

They are coming out with all kinds of bizzare new theories. One is that our whole universe exists inside a black hole. They say all the matter sucked into black holes contains the codes for existence, and space and time function differently inside black holes. It’s just a theory right now. Quantum computing and artificial intelligence is causing alarm to some people, for a lot of reasons. The James Webb Space Telescope is disproving a lot of settled science, like the “Big bang theory”. It gets stranger all the time.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s a brain disorder. Not cool.

I’m ashamed I have schizophrenia and alienated some neighbors eight years ago and more neighbors don’t like me. This is because of audio and visual hallucinations.

I think I might run into their neighbor friends in a social group now. They’ll alienate me and I’ll feel uncomfortable. They’ll also tell everyone what happened. I can’t get rid of this. My husband and kids don’t want to move.

This is all happened because I have schizophrenia.

Also, I’d be more successful in a career had I not had hallucinations as a teenager. I didn’t know what they were then. I thought they were visions of the future and daydreams. I picked a bad major because of it. Going back to school was hard for me. I got sick (autoimmune disease).

Schizophrenia sucks, even though I’m considered high functioning.

3 Likes

Personally - i would stop reading crap off the internet - recognise its your illness, and ruddy will ignore it.

Your only going to get funny ideas about it.

3 Likes

IDK man, schizophrenia was first named over 130 years ago and the first case was thought to be described in Egypt in 2000 bc. It’s been around a long, long time and I’ve seen these theories about it such as yours for many years and maybe they had these theories thousands of years ago, but who really knows?

I’ve seen people theorize that schizophrenia may be some special power or gift that gives insight into other worlds or universes or spiritual realms. But there are many non schizophrenics who think they have special gifts or powers or insights into other worlds.

I think all those theories are equally unbelievable, unprovable, unlikely and just theories that are as real as Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Martians, visitors from other planets, talking snakes and arks that carried two members of every species on earth in a great flood.

There is no evidence that schizophrenics have access to parallel worlds other than schizophrenics claiming so. But look at all the other stuff we claim; otherwise known as delusions. Is it believable that cameras are filming you wherever you go or the CIA and the FBI are keeping track of your every move? Or is it better explained by an unfortunately sick mind creating delusions out of thin air? (or however they’re created)?

Are we supposed to take as fact these fantastical delusions of aliens, surveillance, lizard people and parallel universes? If so, which delusions do we take as fact and which do we dismiss? Do we pick and choose and accept some and not others?

4 Likes

Lets cut the crap. Yes its been around for donkeys years - but talking about lizard people like the royals, is utter bollox. You gone down the rabbit hole mate x

1 Like

What if every belief has a metaphorical complex? a metaphorical meaning?

1 Like

Bollox mate. That’s your delusional behaviour talking.

2 Likes

You don’t get what I’m saying. I’m saying those are all equally delusional. And where do I mention the royals anywhere? I guess I don’t understand what you’re saying in either of your two posts.

1 Like

Oh i understand. You just been reading crap off the internet - and your overthinking it.

Dont get me wrong - your a top person.

2 Likes

What if there were treatments that could pull you back out of the rabbit hole?

Oh wait, there are!

Take your meds.

2 Likes

yes, yes, there are books on every topic. Hardly proves the point that you were trying to make in your original post.

Science may not be able to explain everything, but delusions of reference explain nothing.

I have books from when I was psychotic with all kinds of bizarre ideas. They helped me to believe that train whistles and sirens were responding to my thoughts. Not very helpful.

1 Like

That book looks like pseudoscience to me.

2 Likes

Psh my guy hasn’t even heard of quantum jumping… it’s how I learned spanish in 45 seconds. Guapo san plabo (knowledge is power).

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until you accidentally combine quantum jumping with a powerful laxative.

3 Likes

You talking about a quantum plop? I get inter dimensions every morning at about 7:30.

2 Likes

Watch out for streaming matter!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Why do we all have the same generalized delusions in the States as compared to other parts of the world?

Predictive programming in television and media.

1 Like