Is it okay to talk about sexual assault on here mods?

I have something in particular I want help figuring out and would like some support in but I’m afraid it would be too explicit for the forums and I wanted to ask permission first. Is there a mod who would be okay with me sending them a private message of what I want to post and telling me if its okay to post it or not? Thanks for your help

I think there’s others more qualified to answer that. Someone will get back to you to work out if possible. Most of the Americans are asleep at this time. I don’t want to say anything either way but be patient and someone will get back to you.

2 Likes

Thanks it’s late here anyway I can wait till tomorrow

1 Like

Someone will let you know by then for sure. Keep well.

1 Like

In the meantime I’m sure there’s services out there in your community if you need help. I know out here there’s specific groups who help people who experience violence in it’s forms. I’m on a different continent but maybe start to look into what is available in your local community. As this is primarily a mental health site we may not have the resources that other specific groups have.

I will begin to look once I move states in three weeks. That’s a good idea

1 Like

I’m eager to hear what you have to say, but I don’t know if posting it on this site is a good idea. People could get riled up, and a few might get triggered. If what you have to say isn’t too controversial you’d probably be welcome to share it here, but you never know when you’re going to loosen someone’s grip on reality.

I think you are allowed to talk about it if you are not sexually explicit. I think the only thing you would have to avoid is talking about detail of what happened because there might be children on the forum. There have been threads about it before which have been fine anyway.

You’re allowed to talk about it. You can add a trigger warning if it’s triggering, and of course just be mindful of the people who are reading it. But you will not get in trouble for talking about it.

5 Likes

Thanks @anon9798425

2 Likes

I’m gonna post a new thread you can read it there if you like

1 Like