Is it normal to wanna become manic

I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type and honestly I hate to glorify bad behaviour but I love mania rn I’m bored of life a bit and I am thinking of quitting my mood stabilizers but I know I’ll crash into psychosis is it normal for when your stable to wanna manic for me I feel almost like what I’ve heard people describe speed I’ve never done speed but my thoughts go really fast I get a lot of ideas I feel almost like I’m in heaven then I crash hard really really hard

3 Likes

I love mania. It’s freakin amazing. Until it isn’t. And the isn’t ALWAYS happens, and is worse than the mania is good.

Plus, I annoy people when I’m manic.

6 Likes

I have to agree. Mania is amazing until it’s over and you have to deal with the consequences of your actions

7 Likes

And for me, even more so, the pain of the crash.

4 Likes

I’ve been lucky with that. When I come down from mania I tend to hit baseline again, not a crash. But I always hate cleaning up after myself trying to fix everything I’ve done while manic

4 Likes

You’re definitely lucky.

3 Likes

I like my mania, but there’s always that voice in the back of my head saying “man, are you ever gonna get it later!” :confused:

5 Likes

Awww… that ruins it! I’m usually so far gone, that doesn’t happen. I wish it did! Would probably save my ass.

3 Likes

The worst part for me is when I don’t lose all insight, so I can see myself doing terrible, dangerous things and I’m in the back of my own mind like “Stop, why are you doing that, you are going to wreck everything!”

6 Likes

i make myself manic all the time lol. before i make music sometimes ill down like 2-3 coffees in one go. puts me in overdrive and inspires no music…i know its bad for mental health but oh well

1 Like

Hyped up on caffeine is not the same as being manic.

4 Likes

I love being a little pure hypomanic, not mixed.
Having full blown mania and mixed episodes is downright dangerous for me.
I will lose all insight and become psychotic.

It’s best that I don’t flirt with the idea of becoming manic.

2 Likes

I would strongly advise against it. Not because euphoria is bad but because the consequences for doing something bad in that state are greater for schizophrenics than for the general population.

2 Likes

face and eyes of a manic me, you could say I enjoyed

3 Likes

@Newlyborn, you’ve got to be one of the handsomest men I’ve ever seen. And no, this old woman is not hitting on you. Just paying a compliment.

2 Likes

I have put myself into hypomania purposefully. I just need to stay up all night to do it. I don’t get bad mania, just hypo. It’s nice to get things done for once. It never lasts long, I wish it would go on for at least a week.

3 Likes

Ooh- that works??

For me it does. I get super tired, then get a second wind and most of the time hypomania. But, it isn’t the best way to go about taking care of yourself.

3 Likes

No, but the hypomania is handy. I definitely miss mine.

1 Like

I have to agree with this. Or sometimes when I am manic at first I feel awesome, and then after a few days of not sleeping, a couple of thousand dollars spent on some stupid world saving idea, I have enough insight to recognize that I’m not making good choices, and proceed to make more bad decisions to rectify the previous bad decisions even though I know the new bad decisions won’t help.

At first I feel like I could punch the moon out of the sky, but after the first couple of days I feel awful and just want to come back down.

3 Likes