Is it just me?

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well wherever you may be.

Is it just me….I have lost all my friends and am always angry with my relations and really don’t want to have anything to do with them? The only one I get on with is my husband…Not even my children seem to like me. I had friends but found it hard work even then and exhausting before I had schizophrenia. I am too paranoid and unreliable to keep up relationships now. Also I get up late and don’t shower often so there’s no time to see anyone. Is this a schizophrenic thing or am I just unlikable?

Hippo

1 Like

Do you want to change this situation?
Or are you comfortable with things being like they are?

Sz makes it more difficult to make new friends and keep old friendships going, but not impossible.

1 Like

I just don’t have the energy to keep up relationships or the motivation though I wish I had. However, I find people don’t seem to like me now for some reason…it’s very strange, it must be something I am doing but I don’t know what.

I tend to stick to myself can’t get along with people with crave relationships🤷‍♀️so I understand

Thank you for your understanding @DisneyfanF3

Sorry for my late reply.
You could ask your husband what he thinks regarding your perception that people no longer like you. It could be a distorted perception, or even a persecutory delusion! It’s not uncommon with this illness.

Your focus should be on getting better and doing what you like. Changing yourself to become more “likeable” by others shouldn’t be a priority.

You mention being paranoid. Maybe that’s where you need to invest more efforts now?

Just my 2 cents :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Andrey my husband would just say ‘course people like you’…he always says things that are positive whether it’s true or not. Probably need more antipsychotic or something different but I am waiting for Karxt which might be out this year with any luck…hope it will be affordable. Hope it works for paranoia. Everything that you think happens to you when you’re psychotic seems so real…you can’t work out what’s real or not :slightly_frowning_face:.

1 Like

It sounds like you are struggling with negative symptoms, in part. That’s a tough thing. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.