Schizophrenia.com

Is it anxiety or mania?

Feeling extremely unsettled to the point I do shake and getting slightly irritable when my grandmother provokes me. But I don’t have other symptoms. Not sure where it’s coming from. It feels like adrenaline.

2 Likes

Do you know your body well enough to know when you’re manic?

1 Like

I know I have anxiety but this feels like something else. I struggle to detect mania.

I don’t even think I get manic.

Well keep a look out on it. See if you feel impulsive or if you don’t sleep. Things like that.

2 Likes

Yeah struggling with sleep past few days so I take the sleeping pills … maybe it’s a sign of an upcoming episode.

Yeah lack of sleep and increasing anxiety are signs of hypomania/mania @Ish

Irritability or a shorter fuse is a sure sign of mania.

Talk with a doctor about it before you relapse.

2 Likes

My fuse is short with my father.
I’m going to tell my pdoc because it’s been more than a couple of days.

1 Like

@Ish could it be that you are just upset from interacting with your grandmother? I know when I have differences, I can get knots in my gut and feel uptight for quite a while

2 Likes

I agree with @Wave and @Sunlion . You should make an appointment with your pdoc and in the meantime watch for other symptoms so you can better inform your dr

2 Likes

I don’t feel like this all day everyday, but there is this rush… and its not feeling happy or elated. I just really anxious and I can tell as my hands start to shake like in an adrenalin rush… I will keep an eye on it , if there are other symptoms I will call them.

2 Likes

That could also be a point as we tend to have arguments everyday … it’s not healthy…

1 Like

I will keep an eye on anymore symptoms…

1 Like

i have this issue right now too

1 Like