Is it a good sign when it comes to the fear?

hi all :slight_smile:
today I feel my fear more on the surface. its quite strong. I almost suffocate because of this fear. idk if its paranoia or social anxiety or just anxiety. but before emds it was more deep. now its still strong, it has taken all mu spirit but its more on the surface if you see what I mean… is it a good sign? was it like this for you too who have experienced fear? I dont think well because of this. I hope its the path to some well being though :slight_smile:otherwise, my shakiness never comed from the meds but it was always my inner fear…
take care :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I use to have extreme anxiety and fear prior to my diagnoses. From the day I started meds my anxiety slowly subsided. Now I got little to no anxiety most of the time. My greatest fear atm is fear of relapse/ paranoia

ok, I see fellowman… I just feel like a freak now, some kind of monster. plus, I find that I really cant think well towards the reality…

@Anna1

A little bit of fear is good, but too much is debilitating. I have anxiety issues. I cannot drive a car (I’m lucky my girlfriend can drive a car), and I don’t leave the house unless I have a reason. I agree with @Fellowman that anticipatory fear (thinking that the fear will return) is a problem.

I take 3 mg of alprazolam, but I still have anxiety issues.

hi kindness, you have a gf, its nice :slight_smile: what is alprazolam, is it a benzo? I take klonopin since years but I would like to stop taking it. it sucks if I develop a benzo addiction…
yeap, my fears are an obstacle for feeling good emotions… I cant think well too. its a bit too much but maybe I have a progress. in the past, without meds, I was just freaked out lying in my bed, thinking that the tv is talking to me and I wanted to hide, yeah… I even dont know how I got so low in this ■■■■…

1 Like

I suggest you use someone you know well to help you with reality checking. I normally ask my sister about stuff when I suspect that it is paranoid or delusional thinking.
Some stuff you can check out for yourself if it is for real. I know it is scary to question your environment but sometimes we got to do it to help us cope.

To me fear feels very distinct from anxiety. Anxiety is tension that strikes like lighting, fear is cold and seeps into you…fear is for your safety but anxiety is for your future…etc.

Once you learn that it is just fear you’re feeling, just your brain freaking out for nothing and you’re not in danger, that’s good progress.

i think I have more fear than anything… its like some demoniac power, I even cant describe from what I am afraid. I just feel it. and then sometimes, I have the fear that I am ugly or dumb but this is different.today I just felt general fear, I got shaky from it. even though that I am alone at home…

Yeah the fear that you’re ugly or dumb is anxiety. Fear is an animal emotion. An animal never fears that it’s ugly or dumb, so that’s anxiety which is a very human emotion…

Like I said the best thing to do with fear when you have a psychotic disorder is realize it’s bark is worse than it’s bite…our brains misfire and tell us we’re in danger when we’re not and when we believe it that’s where trouble starts. Practice saying things like “I am afraid, this is just my illness, I am safe.” It will pass eventually.

yeah, I always reassure myself that its my illness but anna, do you really think that it can go away by itself? dont i need to make something about it? but otherwise, yes, its now different than it was without meds. its more on the surface, its not so deep anymore and not so debilitating… but it still an obstacle of some positive emotions or even some thinking…

It doesn’t go away permanently. But the episode of it will pass eventually. I’m glad meds are helping.

is it normal that it get months in my case to see disappear the paranoia? I guess its a tough condition… my pdoc was saying that I have the impression that I cant think because I have mostly paranoid thoughts… now I do everything at my house in order to distract myself but I still dont think quite well. I have thoughts, yes, but I still find its not a positive thinking, or a good imagination, or just some reality good thinking… I am just scared for my future sometimes too…