IRC Village chat not working?

The IRC Village chat hasn’t been working for like 5 days. Anybody know what’s up?

Anybody? Tamar?

What is irc village chat?

It’s a chat room for people with sz or other mental illness.
http://theircvillage.com/the-village-guidelines/

It’s still there. You won’t find any people here from that chat room. They only come here to spam for new members.

2 Likes

It’s still not working and I can’t find an email to contact them.

I would wager that they have done more than that.

1 Like

Given that at least one of them was a sexual predator, I’ll agree with you.

10-96

1 Like

You would lose. Name three usernames of people from the village. As far as I know you wouldn’t be able to name more than three. Here are the three I’ve found. Let’s look at their posts.

Tamar - 3 Posts, 3 Posts about the Village
Uttley(Eugene) - 2 Posts, 1 Post about the Village, 1 Post about a book written about him

I can’t even think of another villager that posts here aside from Luniben. Luniben is the only one who has ever been a member of this community, and has been such for longer than the village has been around.

So you lose.

Cool I have chatted with Tamar and Luniben at times are we really posting that infrequently to this forum? well then.

That’s not a bad thing. The villagers have little to offer.

I don’t go to that chat myself.

If I were to reply with an elaborate response as to what is going on with that irc chat for the benefit of other members of the community, would it be deleted?

Well then your silence speaks volumes! I get it! You guys had a super bad experience with irc chat, maybe with the village in particular.

But you like it when people get together and skype each other?

I have to admit I’m pretty confused.

Not especially. I’m a big fan of asynchronous communication. I limit synchronous interchanges to as few people as I possibly can.

10-96

1 Like

Fair enough, but it is still a coping mechanism of choice for some people.

I don’t think discussing the benefit of IRC chat in general is an issue, but heavy promotion of specific sites should be cleared with @SzAdmin first as he is this community’s equivalent of a pan-galactic straw boss. I’m just the guy who cleans up spills in aisle three.

Edit: If you want to discuss IRC in general you may want to put that in a new thread. Keeping it here will associate it with “The Village”, which has a less than sterling reputation in these quarters.

Pixel.
(Answering in moderator role.)

Got it. Cheers.

I’m not sure that a lot of members have had bad experiences with irc chat. Some have yes.

Whether members skype etc is a personal choice that has little to do with this forum.

We do our best to protect our members from being put into situations that may cause them undue stress. Chat rooms are not heavily monitored and for some keeping up with chat room ‘chatter’ can be hard.

Some guidelines that may not address this directly however are an indication of the forum’s stance regarding this:

No advertisements (for research subjects, support for special projects, or commercial enterprises), or internet links to web sites promoting these activities are allowed. If someone has a research project that they want to publicize - then email the administrator at szwebmaster at yahoo dot com - and if the posting is accepted, one of the moderators will post the message.

Spam/Pimping
This refers to the use of this site as a redirector or gateway to another site for the purpose of collecting click benefits. This also includes, but is not limited to, the following: Sites/Schemes where the affiliate obscures or misleads members and The use of Private Messages, email, signatures, and forum posts, via this forum, where the sole purpose is to solicit membership. (i.e. Usage of member lists and publically accessible personal information contained within these forums). Although there are times when a link to another site is necessary for helping or answering a question, this site reserves the right to determine what is and is not SPAM or PIMPING.

I’m sorry that you feel this way about chatrooms. However, I would argue that chatrooms have a great deal of diversity and can be very helpful especially for people who are socially inhibited. I prefer chatrooms with plenty of excellent moderators from around the world who can respond in real time to any issues that may arise. If the forums had a facility for a group chat with others here, I would check it out.