Invega Side Effects Suck And I Need A New AP

I am currently on injections of 234 mg of Invega Sustenna which is the max dose. I am male, age 21 with psychosis (undiagnosed possible sz) for 10 months. I have two voices, one is evil. I have negative symptoms of low motivation but I don’t have any cognitive symptoms. This is my assessment of Invega Sustenna.

Pros:
-Extended periods of no voices (if I’m lucky)

Cons:
-I’ve gained 25 pounds
-Decreased motivation
-Doesn’t always work
-Orgasms are not very good and barely anything comes out. (retrograde ejactulation)
-Mild feeling flat and anhedonia
-Working out is much harder

Not currently active:
-Pill form makes me depressed (but I’m taking the injection now and it doesn’t)

The pro of having no voices is a big pro but it only takes away the voices around 50-75% of the time. But trading that for 6 disadvantages is really starting to tick me off especially because it doesn’t even work all the time. I’ve also tried Zyprexa and Abilify and they didn’t work. Is there any medication which has less side effects? I especially dislike the weight gain and defective orgasms. Otherwise is there a supplement to combat the sexual side effects? I have ordered sarcosine and it is coming. Your advice is greatly needed. Thanks.

nah vitamin E can help the orgasm a little bit but not much

It seems Invega isn’t the most pleasant drug to be on. By the way, it is interesting that as I get older, I notice people are younger than me. I am 25.

Ashwagandha helped me. I don’t take it anymore.

I’m on Invega Trinza. I also been suffering from negatives for a long time.

I take Vyvanse to help me focus and give me a chance to have a somewhat productive day.
I also take Cymbalta to help fight negatives and depressive moods and anxiety.

But really man you just gotta find a way to cope with the negatives. Alot of times I end up doing nothing at home, or listen to music sometimes, lay in bed, or chat online.

I also work from home so maybe find a part time job that will take up your time. But I feel you on the anhedonia and the amotivation.

I’m a GoT fan too! I noticed your name with Stark in it. Can’t wait for April.

I was taken off of concerta because of concerns it can cause voices to be louder. Is Vyvanse any different? I definitely need something to focus and give me motivation. I was diagnosed with ADHD.

I understand your point of view of just dealing with the negatives indefinitely but I just can’t accept that. I don’t want to settle for anything that isn’t optimal for me. I found online that Latuda and Geodon have less weight gain and less prolactin increase so less sexual side effects. I simply can’t accept that I will never be able to be fully intimate with my future wife/girlfriend. It’s a huge issue for me and I’m a problem solver. I also found online that adding a small dose of Abilify can actually decrease prolactin levels. So there is hope! I don’t like settling but I was dealt a bad hand in life and I need to make the best of my situation given that there are other options for meds. I also have many many blessings that do outweigh the negatives, thank God.

I am afraid not.

With the exception of amphetamines, the major classes of all psychiatric medications appear to interfere with insulin secretion, causing long-term weight gain, and increasing the risk of a broad range of metabolic diseases. While the mechanisms of action are not well understood, the consequences are beyond debate.

As they face mounting risks of major lawsuits over the causal link to obesity, diabetes and pancreatitis, pharmaceutical companies rush to develop medications with less risk of weight gain, but I don’t see a weight-neutral one on the horizon.

This claim holds especially true for anti-psychotics. Some brands appear to cause less weight gain than others. Your doctor should know which ones, but your physiology and lifestyle factors are unique.