‘Inhuman’ restraint used in U.K. hospitals

2 Likes

All I know is that if I became aggressive and was at risk of injuring another person I would wish to be restrained. If I seriously hurt someone it would be on my conscience forever and would be a self-inflicted mental scar. I think there’s no easy answer and it’s unfair to ask people to behave like angels all the time.

2 Likes

I think people who are violent should be restrained. I’ve been in a psych ward with violent people who were roaming freely and attacking other patients. That’s unacceptable because no one is safe under those conditions.

1 Like

I have been restrained by police and nurses. Hated it. They pounced on me and held me down to have a shot to calm me down

Very scary stuff to think back on

1 Like

I’ve been in Assessment Treatment Units where learning disabled people get treatment. This units are only for people with intellectual disabilities and all the people in seclusion were violent or fecal smearer’s. They couldn’t be on the wards.

What pees me off is these unpredictable and violent patients are moving into supported living placements in the community and unsettling the other residents already living there.

yea this happened to me too. i found it kind of funny lol

I was restrained about a dozen times as a teen. Always came with a med cocktail. Hated it. But I was restrained for violence, so I understand it and accept it. It doesn’t bother me any longer.

I never knew what I had done wrong, so I always felt it was injustice and I would fight back harder

1 Like