Increased paranoia after taking coffeine

I just started having some coffee the last few days and just today I started to believe that peoples actions around me (people I don’t know) had something to do with me. Like I would walk out of the store and there was some guy walking towards me and rambling (most likely on bluetooth with someone), and my first impression was that it had something to do with me. I shook it off after a couple of seconds, but still this kind of thoughts are troubling.

I just had one cup of coffee, so I guess I am really sensitive. I might go back to decaf, or try like half a teaspoon of instant. I read a couple of articles that people with psychiatric disorders should not take much coffeine anyways.

Anybody else had trouble with symptoms coinciding with coffeine?

3 Likes

Absolutely, coffee makes my sz symptoms worse.

2 Likes

I’ve restarted coffee ! And I feel 100% worse.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Hope you work it out!

1 Like

Anything more than 3 cups of regular coffee and my moods will shift back and forth.

3 Likes

I use it quite regularly but I suspect it makes me a bit bipolar. I’m currently reducing my intake as much as I can,

2 Likes

I like ground coffee better than instant coffee. When I was off medication I could not handle ground coffee because it was too strong and my heart would pound and race. Now I’m on medication I can handle strong coffee and it doesn’t effect my heart one bit. That’s one thing I like about meds.

Coffee raises dopamine and so does tea.

I think tea raises my dopamine way worse than coffee though. It’s because tea contains l-theanine and that really raises dopamine.

I tried l-theanine and I had the worst racing heart I though I was gonna die.

But yes coffee can cause paranoia in me when I’m not taking medication.

1 Like

for me coffee doesn’t mess me up, at least i think it doesn’t…
i drunk a few cups of coffee a day. sometimes 4, sometimes 5

1 Like

The IRA says the most I have is PTSD, and also coincidentally several cups of coffee does nothing to me

1 Like

I cut out all caffeine. Very occasionally I will have a decaf coffee.

1 Like

I didn’t have coffee today, but still increased paranoia. Pretty sure it’s the coffee still though since it stays in the system for about 48 hours. And I have slipped into psychosis before because of it.

I got thoughts that society is plotting to kill me, so I decided to double my AP dose from today. Just took the first hit.

I get more paranoid and have delayed anger issues. I usually don’t touch that stuff.

1 Like

I have more voices at the mornings, than evenings. One possible explanation is that in the mornings I drink 4 cups of double espresso, and no coffee at afternoons

1 Like

I’ve drank a LOT of coffee for forty-five years. In the beginning I would drift through the morning in a pleasant reverie, and then be deeply depressed in the evening. I’ve drank so much of it now that it has little effect. I don’t know what would happen if I went off the coffee cold turkey.

1 Like

When I drink too much caffeine I don’t get paranoid I get euphoric I do and say a lot of stupid things it’s like I can’t control my impulses and thoughts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.