In this life some people aren’t gonna like you

Don’t feed the mouth that bites you

I have to accept that I’m going to go through life where I’ll meet people who don’t respect me or like me. Its a hard lesson but one i have to learn

5 Likes

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

1 Like

I like/respect you, @KingKazuma . As much as I can like someone I haven’t actually met.

I like the way you turned that common phrase on it’s head.

1 Like

Its from a hip hop song i like. I listen to it all the time and i still find it hard to accept that i’ll meet people that don’t like me

1 Like

Ahh, props for giving credit then. Yeah I struggle with accepting that most people aren’t going to like me.

1 Like

I feel like I should start giving up on some people I just don’t know how to

1 Like

If you find that half of the people love you, and half of the people hate you, then you are doing something right.

2 Likes

Whats worse is giving a ■■■■ about people who dont like you.

5 Likes

Give up on the people who are hostile towards you now that you’re ill or those who no longer offer you any empathy or support. Notice i didn’t use the word sympathy, that can be a curse or a blessing. Quite often sympathy can mean looking down on you and treating you like a lesser person.I lost a lot of so-called friends when i first got sick. I was already aware of the fact that many of the people who tried to be friends with me were in it for the wrong reasons. The friends who stuck with me are still my friends. ■■■■ the fair-weather friends and those that were just users. You don’t need them and never did. You are your own best friend. Try not be be your worst enemy.

1 Like

I can’t give up on people though I want people to be nice and understand each other. So even if people are mean to me I won’t give up on them.

1 Like

56 and still learning.

1 Like

This topic sounds like the title to a really good book.

I also really appreciate this philosophy. It’s one I try to live by. I’m a people pleaser so when people don’t like me I tend to take it personally.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.