I'm thinking about making a short experimental film with my camcorder

I might make it only a minute long. And edit together quick takes.

I think my library has editing software so I can edit it together there when the library is done being renovated.

14 Likes

sounds cool… you gonna upload the film on youtube?

1 Like

Yeah, I might. Or Vimeo so I can share it with friends. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

sounds cool =)
i’d like to see the film that you make.
you know what’s it gonna be about?

1 Like

Cool! It’s kinda hard to explain it’s like a narrative about cinema, the camera’s perception, our perception, and a short monologue on the occult.

It might be longer than a minute haha!!

2 Likes

ah minute is short huh… so it’s okay if it’s a bit longer =D

1 Like

Exactly! Probably about three minutes should be plenty. :wink:

2 Likes

that’s great @Montezuma think about what you can leave behind as a legacy. i hope you make lots of films!

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to do that. I wrote a short screenplay once years ago that I wanted to film. (Before the age of camcorders and videography). It’s now actually possible to do. I would have to hire the actors.

1 Like

I would also have to learn how to edit.

1 Like

@Lifer Thanks bud! :blush:

@SkinnyMe Yes, it’s a lot easier nowadays to shoot a film with digital technology. It even makes lighting and sound design easier.

@anon39054230 While I’ll even direct a feature with a cast of dwarves only!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Great idea. You definitely have the knowledge and temperament for it. Please keep us posted.

1 Like

Seriously, I’m short for a guy. Are you making fun of me??

(Hey! This being an ass-hole for no reason is actually quite fun! I’m going to keep it going!) :slight_smile:

No, I wasn’t making fun of anyone. Take things easy you little snickerdoodle. :wink:

Lol Focus young samurai!

We’re discussing experimental filmmaking. :angel:

@Montezuma

The original Blair Witch Project movie was shot using a Digital 8 camcorder and 16 mm film.

2 Likes

Definitely! It went on to gross millions too. A lot of young directors like starting out in horror films.

David Lynch shot Inland Empire on a little consumer camcorder.

1 Like

@Montezuma What about making the shortest found footage movie ever?

1 Like

That would be a lot of fun! :smiley:

It would definitely force one to be creative and conservative with the script length.

1 Like

I tried making a move in high school with some friends and a buddy’s camcorder, it sucked but we had a good laugh.

1 Like