Schizophrenia.com

I'm sick and I'm scared

I think it’s just a cold but you never know. I’m freezing to death which means I’m starting to get a fever. I have been coughing a lot and after my nap I started sneezing to death and now I’m congested. I never prayed so hard for a cold before.

3 Likes

Oh no! Wrap yourself up, take some Tylenol, put on a funny movie and sleep.

2 Likes

Use cough syrup and Tylenol. These helped me when I had covid19.

3 Likes

Thanks, the tylenol is really helping

2 Likes

Keep taking the Tylenol. It will help you feel better. Stay hydrated, too.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m also feeling bad. I’ve had a bad cold for four days now. I think it’s getting better. I took a covid test and it was negative. No fun being sick though. Hope you feel better!

3 Likes

I am praying for you…

2 Likes

i think you will be ok. just my gut feeling. :blush:

3 Likes

One of my close friends has covid. I haven’t been in contact with him other than online. But he’s self-isolating right now and he says he lost his taste and smell, has a sore throat and just feels wiped out. I know a few people who have had covid, but didn’t know it was covid. Everyone is unique, and the mortality rate is decreasing. I think the worst is for health workers–who are re-exposed to it by working in hospitals. I had covid in January actually. But I didn’t know it was covid because there were no tests available back then. No one caught it from me, and I slept it off. Since then, I developed sleep apnea and sometimes I feel faint. I don’t know the long-term effects of covid but I definitely feel like it had some lasting damage to my lungs because of the sleep apnea, they said I had oxygen levels of 64 not 100 when I slept during the sleep study. I have wondered if that’s because I had covid possibly or if I have always had sleep apnea. So all the holidays have been canceled because people are being more careful. I hope you don’t have it, stay safe. I have tested negative twice since then.

2 Likes

We are planning a very humble thanksgiving and staying home with just we regulars. We have been healthy so far and hope it continues.

4 Likes

@leaf if you are prone to addiction don’t forget to get alcohol free cough syrup. I had an issue taking too much syrup once and found I had to pour it out. I realized it had alcohol in it.

2 Likes

My dad is 67. He had Covid last year he thinks. He had flu like symptoms for two weeks and it went away. Are you going to get tested?

1 Like

Oh man. I hope it’s just a cold too. Take care of yourself.

2 Likes

Hope your ok @leaf …So scary these days if you get a fever so hoping you find tomorrow you’ll be feeling better.

1 Like

leaf make some oregano tea it kills vacteria and help the immune system.

3 Likes

Feel better soon… I’m in a similar boat
. Did the test yesterday though … currently have a headache and my sides hurt when I cough…

3 Likes