Im not sure, but i think psychedelic mushrooms are growing naturally in our yard

i don’t know what species they are, but never again will i injest one haha, i heard they don’t work on ap’s anyhow. i heard they grow in the pacific northwest naturally, but i didn’t think they grew here. mushrooms can be poisonous too, takes an expert to identify one and im no expert haha.

2 Likes

Please don’t eat them.

1 Like

i mowed over them but they were below the blade of the mower, and are still there. it’s been wet lately with lots of clouds, there were some big ones in mom and dad’s yard.

1 Like

no im not going to eat them, im guessing they will wilt when the sun comes out in a couple days.

1 Like

Good. If you don’t know what they are don’t eat! But you know that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you post a pic Of them, I can possibly identify and if I can’t, I am member of a group that can.

Need a pic of the top and underside/gills. You can touch any mushroom and not get poisoned.

5 Likes

I didn’t know that

1 Like

Yeah. Common misconception that handling them will kill you or make you sick. As long as you don’t crush them, smear them on your hands and suck the film off then swallow, you’re good. Just wash your hands.

2 Likes

ok well i don’t have phone or camera, let me see if i can pick some and get a picture on my laptop camera.

Okiedae. I’ll see if I can tell.

Who knows, you may have morels.

1 Like

I thought psylisibyn only grew in cow pies?

i just found and picked 3, on second thought i don’t think they are psychedelic now that i see them up close, they look golden yesterday when i saw them, i couldn’t find any in my yard, but found a cluster in mom and dad’s yard. shitty picture but here is the best i can do.

WIN_20210601_16_48_25_Pro

WIN_20210601_16_48_35_Pro

WIN_20210601_16_48_44_Pro

and apologies for gettin my ugly mug in the picture haha. i think they are just a common mushroom on second glance.

3 Likes

haha that last picture could be a meme haha.

3 Likes

“I grew a garden in my backyard and all I got was this!”

2 Likes

I’m clueless, but luckily @ZombieMombie can help you

1 Like

The pics are kind of blurry,I can’t tell what it is. Let me see if I can blow them up.

1 Like

From what I can tell it’s in the inocybe family. Some have high levels of Muscarine which is toxic. So, not edible.

I cannot tell which inocybe it is. Sorry.

1 Like

Eat them! Eat them! and then report back so we know if we can eat them if we find some in our back yard.

It’s the only responsible thing to do :crazy_face:

1 Like

J/k btw. Don’t eat them they could be poisonous. Sorry, I’m in a weird mood today.

1 Like

It prob a Bly is. I identified it as part of a family of mushrooms that contain toxic specimens.

There’s a tired old joke among mushroomers… Every mushroom is edible, ONCE.

2 Likes