I'm not buying any meat next month

I’m going to try a vegan diet for one month and see how I feel. Ever since I found out I am allergic to milk and eggs, which were my main protein most days, I’ve been eating more and more meat to compensate. I really don’t like it on so many levels and without dairy and eggs if I take away meat that pretty much equals a vegan diet.

I was a vegetarian for many years in my twenties so I have recipes I can adapt and my son bought me some vegan cookbooks for my birthday and there’s always the net.

I love beans and lentils, I always eat a lot of veggies so that doesn’t need to change, I have been stockpiling seeds and nuts in preparation for the trial and have recently fallen back in love with peanut butter and want to try almond butter too.

I think I’m going to start a thread where people can share their favorite vegan recipes. I know there are many vegans on this site.

9 Likes

What a great idea. My SIL is vegan, and whenever I try her food it’s always good.

3 Likes

You might want to supplement Vitamin B12 while youre going vegan. I did vegan three different times and my B12 blood levels went very low each time. I still supplement three times a week just to be sure, even though I eat a standard diet now.

Good luck!

3 Likes

I was vegetarian for some months in the past and I felt great

Excited for you. Vegetarian myself and enjoy it.

2 Likes

I’m vegan and have been some years.
It’s great!

Have you seen what the health on Netflix?

Just make sure to take vitamin b12 supplements.

I also take iron supplements.

I make minestrone soup with soup mix in it.
Soup mix is lentils and beans.
It just makes it more nourishing , filling … it’s cheap n nice dish to make.simmer low heat one hour.ready.

Truly hope you become vegan for your health, the animals and environment etc💕

1 Like

3 Likes

I wish I could go vegan. Even though I do eat more vegetarian than I used to do.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.