I'm never telling my dr anything again

He just doesn’t give a crap about me anyway.
My pdoc listens but he doesn’t deal with physical issues.
So I’ll just get sicker and die. I’m sure my dr would be very pleased with that.

1 Like

I’ve been where you are. Drs are usually really nasty to me. Now my husband goes with me to appointments and he scares them into being nice to me. He’s chiseled and 6’6” and can have s very scary look on his face when he wants to. I wish you had someone on your side like that. Do you have Medicaid?

2 Likes

I’m in Canada so Medicare must be the equivalent

1 Like

Medicare, they cover 80%. The other 20% you walk away from cuz you’re broke.

I generally do well with female pdocs. The last male I had treated me like a specimen and just gave me the same routine spiel every time I had an appointment. He also used a standing desk. I remember thinking, you stand all day, no wonder you’re always sour grapes.

I wish you had a better doc. I had a great one as a teen but the poor guy died from a heart attack. He was the one who initially diagnosed me with MI when I was a teen, had the hippocratic oath up in his office.

1 Like

Medicare covers everything

1 Like

Well I’m not certain of it, but according to all these commercials for Medicare supplement plans they only cover 80%. Also, I have a 6,500 dollar mental health bill I’m ignoring that I assumed was the 20%. If they can’t jail me for it I simply don’t pay, I don’t even have that much money.

Maybe there’s a way I can get it forgiven like my college loans.

2 Likes

I’m Canada, can you get a case manager who can come to appointments with you to ensure you receive proper care?

1 Like

I have a mental health worker. She comes to pdoc with me. I’m not sure she would come with me to dr.

1 Like

You need an advocate for your other docs. I wish you could get one.

1 Like

I wish my friend lived closer. She has a no nonsense kind of attitude for things like this and she’s my best friend.

1 Like

Yeah. That would help a lot. Too bad :frowning:

1 Like

I had a few pdocs like this. One put me on a very low dose of risperidone and celexa. It didn’t help. Refused to raise it. Said I needed to walk more instead. My partner even came with me and stuck up for me but he refused

1 Like

Such a jerk!!!

2 Likes

Medicare covers 80% unless you also have Medicaid. Then it’s all covered. If you get a Medicare Advantage plan (not the free ones) some of that 80% gets covered. My advantage plan is $50/mo and it also covers a good percentage of meds

It could be worse. I missed my second appointment bc I forgot my appointment time and assumed that I had to come back exactly in 1 month. My pdoc dropped me as a patient. This month has been hell for me. My license was suspended and I ended almost totaling a truck that I just got a couple of months ago in a wreck right after work on my way home. That day I went to jail and stayed over night. I missed a day of my meds and I had severe anxiety the whole time there. So now I have to find a new pdoc, pay fines for the accident, get my license back, fix my truck and go back to court. Man this year has really been hell. Oh and my water is currently turned off lmfao.

Oh my gosh. That’s awful. I hope you manage to get it all worked out. Do you think you can?

1 Like

Yea I have a very supportive wife. She is the one who bailed me out. My dad has been helping me as much as he can financially. I just have had a very bad string of bad luck. I’m hoping my regular doctor can help me with my schizophrenia and I also have a therapist at a suboxone clinic we both go to every month that is very helpful. I just need some good luck! Ugh

1 Like

I wish you the best. I’m happy for you that you have support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.