I'm learning computer science IT

Hey @anon48059102 I do freelance computer work, I work for myself so I don’t have daily tasks. I just get calls at random times from my clients with computer problems.

I’ve been using computers since I was a youngster and I’m self taught, I learned by doing a lot of reading and then actually doing things on my computer for practical experience. I wrote my CompTIA computer certifications to prove to people I knew something about it.

I do all kinds of things, setting up private cloud server using Linux (I can use any distro but I stick with Ubuntu because it’s just simpler to always use the same thing and it is well supported). I’ve done some website design and programming. I build custom computers for people, troubleshoot problems, setup printers, a variety of things really.

Sometimes I come across problems I don’t know anything about so I have to do some reading. I normally deal only with residential and small business clients but I had an opportunity with a large million dollar business ask me to setup a QNAP NAS and integrate into their network for backup purposes, which I knew nothing about, so I had to download the manual and read it, but I got it all working they way the client wanted it. Other times I have to do a quick search on Google. Sometimes I figure it out on my own, and of course there are times when I already know what to do.

I wrote a post asking people for their opinions on my website here (I posted a screenshot), I blurred out all the personal information but you can see what I do by looking at it. You’ll probably need to view it with a computer, I don’t think you’ll be able to read it on a smartphone because it is a screenshot of the desktop version of my website (It’s also mobile friendly but I didn’t post a screenshot of the mobile version)

1 Like