I'm just not that interested in forming relationships

I have a date next thursday and for some reason my heart just not into going… I have not seen a photo of him and we have barely talked apart from how are you? I’m meeting him near where he works…

I was just thinking something similar, that I am warmer toward animals than I am toward people. I think animals are more honest. I am soooo suspicious of people lying to me and using me that I also lack interest in relationships.

1 Like

My drama filled marriage was the straw that finally broke the Camel’s back -
7 plus years of being lied to, abused, cheated on, robbed etc… did me in - I am really through with any kind of relationship, especially romantic ones.

I don’t need the added drama and stress that comes with a serious romantic relationship/marriage.
I gave 100 percent, she gave me 5 percent if that.
I am not discouraging others not to form romantic relationships/marriage - but for me personally, I am done, ain’t happening.
I tend to attract sociopaths for some reason

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say that I’m totally uninterested it’s just navigating the rules of social engagement is too anxiety/stress provoking.

1 Like

When i told my pdoc I didn’t have a relationship she was like that’s schiz. Is it true for most?

1 Like

Its funny you mentioned this.
My current psychiatrist was asking me if I had a girlfriend, if I liked to socialize etc…

I think she was testing the waters a bit to see if I have some SZ traits I guess.
But not wanting to be in a relationship does not automatically mean that your diagnosis is SZ.

But I do think socially, I possess a lot of SZ traits. The schizoaffective diagnosis has not been completely eliminated for me

I would say this is true for me. It’s difficulty with social interaction/social withdrawal that places me most in the “schizophrenia” area . However aspergic tendencies/severe social anxiety could be alternative explanations for that.
It’s interesting that avoidant personality disorder which is seen by many as a more severe form of social anxiety is increasingly seen by some researchers as part of the “schizophrenia spectrum”.

2 Likes

Sorry that your feeling this way,I hope the decision you made on this matter will be the right ones in the end.

Personally I don’t have lots of experience on date too,just a few,I enjoyed once in a date when I first held her hand.On social aspect,if you invited me to play soccer,I would go for sure…this shows that I am not exactly too asocial

You’re taking quite a risk. You could be badly disappointed, but on the other hand, sometimes big risks have big rewards.

sometimes i wanna relationship, sometimes i just wanna be alone

I was in a relationship, I didn’t see what others saw. I ended up battered, bruised and broken. As far as I am concerned, the only relationships I am interested in maintaining are those with my family, and a few of them are highly questionable.

He’s my mothers friend friends son so it’s quite safe

I am the same way. I think it’s cuz the symptoms drain our energy

I think is prolly the sz blocking another life for me.

Is it ok to ask for a pic?

just see at as going to meet a friend you might like himmight not nothing to loose.

1 Like