I'm getting the covid vaccination today and I'm scared

I’ve gotten the flu vaccination 3 times and all 3 times I’ve gotten really sick. One time I was pregnant and I ended up going out on pregnancy leave from work for 3 months because I was so ill. It triggered terrible flus in me. They say it can’t give you the flu and I understand that but still I got sick. Once I was sick for three weeks with flu symptoms, fever, congestion, diarrhea, stomach upset, weight loss, fatigue. I don’t want to get sick. But I guess it’s better than dying. I’m scared though.

4 Likes

oh i hope it will go well for you @Leaf
I had my covid shot today too and so far so good… i hope it will go same for you.

1 Like

Oh you did it already? Good for you. I’m glad it went well. Now you’ll be safe.

1 Like

yea they came to give it to me this afternoon. I was lucky that they could give it at my home. Where are you gonna go get it?

2 Likes

at our old hospital. They set up a clinic there to give out the vaccinations.

1 Like

my sister is taking me, she is getting hers too.

1 Like

Be strong. I know it’s scary though. You’ll get through it.

2 Likes

I’ll try to be strong. I have my sister to help guide me.

2 Likes

I’m glad you have someone to go with you. It will be easier.

2 Likes

yes, I just now realized she will keep me from chickening out.

1 Like

Hopefully it goes well. Good luck Leaf, glad you got your sis with you. That’s cool.

2 Likes

I hope you’re alright. I had a bad reaction for the first Pfizer shot. Not so bad the second time. But honestly, I don’t think I was really vaccinated, because a lot of people lie about me and I have enemies.

How did it go? How do you feel? Did you schedule your second dose?

1 Like

It went fine. I feel well. They will call to make the second appointment when it gets closer to the time they said. Thank you for asking. You are such a sweetie pie.

3 Likes

Thanks @Leaf ! I’m glad you feel well. That’s great :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess if you are going to have a reaction it’s usually within the first hour, so I think I’ll be fine. It’s been 2 hours now.

1 Like

Some people have symptoms the next day like me. But they say it doesn’t last long

1 Like

I get my second shot in a couple of days.
I’m kind of nervous about it.

2 Likes

Hopefully the world will heal from getting the vaccines soon

1 Like

nice to hear you had your vaccine too @Leaf =)
I hope it keeps going so well.
I don’t feel much after my first dose, just a sore arm but besides that nothing.

1 Like