I'm considering quitting smoking for my New Years resolution

I think you should give them up. Good luck!

1 Like

You can do it @Bowens !! We believe in you. :hugs:

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this, @Bowens. I didn’t realize you were on fire.

3 Likes

You’re such a little sexy man. What am I going to do with you?

:wink:

2 Likes

You have teeth and I have ankles. Looks like a problem that solves itself.

:kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

LOL you’re the man. :blush:

2 Likes

I personally would advise against cold turkey. Try gradually cutting down instead over a long period of time until you are only having a couple a day. It worked for me.

1 Like

I don’t make new years resolutions, but when I quit smoking I decided I was going to do it when I turned 30, and I did. Cold turkey (After 10 years of multiple failed attempts).

Good luck if you do go for it!

4 Likes

I missed the “quitting” and wondered why anyone would have a resolution to start smoking.

1 Like

Good luck! Ok quit about 5 years ago, I don’t miss it

2 Likes

I feel like a broken record, but I found that quitting with a friend or life partner works best :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Echoing the support! (I think I posted earlier in this thread, but I don’t remember, and I didn’t scroll up to see.)

I remember when I quit, for years I wanted to smoke every single day. I just didn’t, no matter how badly I wanted to.

I am not telling you this to be discouraging. I’m telling you so you don’t feel discouraged if your desire doesn’t go away for a long time, even after the nicotine is out of your body.

You just keep choosing not to. It’s simple, but really hard, unfortunately.

BUT I believe you can do it!!

1 Like

Hey @Bowens, good luck when you quit!

My vape died the other day and I didn’t have much of a choice about it :weary:

It’s hard work but after the first 24-48 hours it gets easier. You’ll start feeling better and the cravings do go eventually. So good luck to you, and your mum too.

1 Like

Five bucks says the wife’s parents are the reason.

2 Likes

You should try tobacco free nicotine pouches they work great and it’s really cheap I’ve been using them in place of vaping for months it’s probably the healthiest way to consume nicotine

2 Likes

Highly recommend downloading some of those sobriety apps that keep a tally of all the things. Like, how much money you’ve saved, how many minutes it’s been, that sort of thing. There are a ton of options and if you’re at all competitive, they can be really helpful.

2 Likes

24e866bdf59f732fbd977ea550afd84c

1 Like

Borrow from NLB app.

1 Like

Or borrow from library.

1 Like

Oh @LED mate! Thank you so much for the sobriety app idea. I just got a great one. I keep a mood diary on my phone and love it. Looking forward to using my sobriety diary too. Thanks again!

2 Likes