I'm a frickin idiot

So last night before I went to bed I took my sleeping pills as usual and then went to bed. My mind was in analytical thought mode and I couldn’t stop thinking about stuff. This is somewhat normal for me so I usually turn on my Google home mini for 20 minutes and listen to talk radio while concentrating on my breathing and my mind usually calms down, and then I fall to sleep.

So last night 1 hour goes by, then 2 hours, 3 hours, etc… my mind is still thinking about stuff and I am not sleeping. Then I began to worry, well so much for the clonazepam, I guess I’ve developed a tolerance and it no longer works as a sleep aid, my insomnia is back with a vengeance. So I didn’t sleep AT ALL last night, I just laid in my bed and rested.

Then this morning when I got up I went to take my crestor pill (It’s for cholesterol) and I realized my crestor bottle and clonazepam bottle where in opposite spots, somehow I had put them down in the wrong place. They are both pink little pills roughly the same size. That means last night before bed I accidentally took 3 crestor pills before bed instead of 3 clonazepam pills, that is why I didn’t fall to sleep. I had already taken my usual crestor pill earlier in the day so yesterday I ended up taking 4x as much crestor as a should have and zero clonazepam.

I don’t know if I am dependent on clonazepam yet so I’m worried I might experience withdrawals. The half life of clonazepam is upwards of 50 hours so I think I will be okay missing it for one day, but we’ll see what happens.

To make matters worse I have to go to work in a few hours and I haven’t slept a wink. Out of all the days to make a screw up like this, a work day is just my luck. Today is gonna suck, I hope I don’t have a busy long day. I’m so tired.

8 Likes

maybe talk to a doctor idk what cholesterol pills do but could it harm your heart? plus no sleep?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Other than being tired I feel okay so far even though I took way too much cholesterol medication. I just think today is going to be one those days, a long day. If I start to feel really bad I will have to go to the hospital emergency room, my doc is phone appointment only.

1 Like

ok i mean it couldnt hurt to ask or atleast google it. we need you around here haha

1 Like

That’s a good idea,I think I will Google it.

Thanks! That’s a nice thing to say, lol :grinning:

1 Like

ok, I just Googled it. My crestor pills are 10mg

Is 40 mg of CRESTOR too much?

Adults—At first, 10 to 20 milligrams (mg) once a day. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed. However, the dose is usually not more than 40 mg .

So I ended up taking the maximum dose, but my cholesterol is already low. My doctor told me he had high cholesterol and his doctor put him on crestor and his cholesterol dropped so low it was undetectable in the blood test, but that that wasn’t anything to worry about. Now I’m not worried too much, if my cholesterol goes very low for a few days I should be fine. Thanks for the idea @ThePoet

1 Like

I am on 10 mg of Crestor as well. My cardiologist told me, it’s good for keeping your arteries supple rather than hardening, in addition to reducing cholesterol

2 Likes

There was a time when I tried to overdose on pills. Ate a HUGE bottle. Figured that was the end.

Woke up next morning and found an empty Flintstone’s Chewables bottle.

And you think YOU felt dumb!

:flushed:

5 Likes

BTDT.

Took my AD at bedtime instead of a nightly AP. They aren’t even remotely the same looking type of pills. I felt like a real freaken idiot. I didn’t sleep either.

2 Likes

Had my first horrible dentures moment this year. Don’t just reach in the cupboard for the tube of Poligrip without looking. The tube of Prep H is now stored on a different shelf.

So gross.

4 Likes

I actually slept last night but when I woke up I realized I forgot to take my night meds.

@Headspark I’ve done more stupid things. Trust me

3 Likes

Well I got through work, it was only a 6 hour day. I drank a lot of coffee. Looking forward to bed tonight and I won’t make the same stupid mistake this time, lol :crazy_face:

2 Likes

NOthing hurts anyone…hatred is a stalking tendency

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.