If your oven catches fire And other tips

Throw salt on it

2 Likes

Use hair conditioner to shave your legs and armpits. It is cheap and leaves your legs soft and silky smooth. Use up all your old leftover conditioners that you didn’t find great on your hair.

4 Likes

liquid butane will take off old stuck on adhesives left by tape or other types of glue…

1 Like

I imagine a burning oven mitt can be used to quickly remove hair from your legs and armpits?

5 Likes

Don’t get me started. I have a great story of how I got hot wax stuck to my legs that I tried to remove with a pot scrub lol.

2 Likes

I never heard about salt but I threw baking soda on it and it worked perfectly. NEVER throw water on a grease fire, it will make it worse. Trying to put out a grease fire with water is like throwing gasoline on it.

For cleaning those baked on food stains on your glass baking dishes like burnt food or tomato sauce or whatever, spray oven cleaner on them, let them sit overnight than wipe them clean with a damp rag and of course wash them in soapy water before using them again.

For cleaning the insides of microwave ovens fill a mug about 3/4 full of water and set it inside as close to the middle as possible and run the microwave for a minute. It should loosen all the food gunk enough so you can easily wipe the insides clean with a damp rag with maybe a few drops of dish soap on it.

These are tips I picked up when I lived alone for six years. They all worked fine for me but if you’re interested in using them, do a little research online first to verify them for safety reasons.

2 Likes

Baking soda also gets out armpit stains from sweat and deodorant on t-shirts and other clothes. Mix a little baking soda and water in a dish to form a paste and liberally put it all over the stain and let it sit for two or three hours. Then, wipe the stuff off and wash it.

2 Likes

@77nick77. Great tips!!!

Yeah my oven caught on fire today and I had to call my dad. He told me to throw salt on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.