If you lost your phone how screwed would you be?

I’ve got all my contacts and birthdays and to-do lists and important notes on my phone. They’re backed up to my memory card but if I lose my phone that’s obviously gone.

I think my contacts and (part?) of my calendar is sync’d to the cloud but I’m actually not sure.

Just wondering if anybody else could be in trouble if they lost their phone ?

4 Likes

I’d be pretty screwed because my phone case is also my wallet and my keychain.

3 Likes

Pretty Screwed …

1 Like

Gullible me I am a fan of the cloud. So me and all of apple know my contacts and passwords.

1 Like

My daughter temporarily lost her phone service and I think she’s ok. Mad :rage: but ok. I will turn it back on next week and maybe she won’t call her grandfather a d**k again

I could clone my phone from the backup on my computer. But I would lose the past two week’s worth of pictures, which would suck.

2 Likes

I have an app where it tracks the phone and can erase all data if they managed to open it. Its called lookout

1 Like

I’d be pretty screwed because my calorie app is on my phone. I use that every day.

2 Likes

I have an Android phone and use Dropbox with Dropsync to sync and backup my app data. I mostly use Google photos to back up my pix and I think contacts are mostly backed up on Google servers too. I also got a good deal on IDrive to back up my music library. I encrypt some stuff too like personal journals but I doubt anybody would really care about them. I generally prefer writing things in Google docs and Google sheets where I know I can find them later. Once in awhile if I am really ambitious I will burn my Dropbox data to dvd. I could probably easily fit all the data i care about on a 500gb drive.

I like idrive a lot although it is not quite as convenient as Dropbox.

2 Likes

I’d be screwed because the only phone numbers I know by heart are my mom and dads

1 Like

Pretty screwed, have photos, notes, email.

1 Like

I should actually back up my iPhone too. But I have my iMac and have everything synced with my phone.

1 Like

Since im in the hospital for a bit i need my phone to pay bills and contact people. But in “the real world” it would just be very inconvenient. I didnt think i synced my contacts but it did it anyway. I can download google contacts and get all my old contacts from years back.

1 Like

Only screwed in a sense my gramma would have a tizzy if she cant talk to me every other day. I just went four days without calling her. We had a good heart to heart about staying in contact. I feel bad…she probably thought i offed myself. Cant say i blame her.

1 Like

I own no mobile devices, but my current desktop contains a lot of consolidated info. Before having a new PC, I’ll need to backup to my external drive.

1 Like

I’d be pretty screwed because I do everything on my phone from watching Netflix to purchasing stocks and posting on this website. Hopefully it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

All contacts, bookmarks, calendar entries, notes, and photos sync to my Google account. The phone is insured for loss. I’d be back up and running within half an hour of getting a replacement, which would be free.

2 Likes

I went 5 months without a phone in 2015.
It bothered everyone but me.
In Dec 2017 my iPhone had to be restarted and I lost 21 thousand pictures.
The only pics I really miss are of my nephew and my kitty, both who are no longer here.

1 Like

I would be screwed, whole life and work depend on it

1 Like

I have no phone nor friends so nothing would happen… :slight_smile:

1 Like