If you experience intrusive thoughts, what kind of intrusive thoughts do you have?

What kind of intrusive thoughts do you have?

1 Like

Mine are usually really mean and degrading toward other people. Things I would never actually think about them.

2 Likes

Mine are always violent or religious.

Donā€™t want to elaborate,

But I did gain back some control doing CBT,

I donā€™t dwell on intrusive thoughts near as much anymore.

1 Like

Mine are really violent, disturbingly sexual, or racist. All the exact opposite my my real thoughts.

6 Likes

In the past Iā€™ve had religious intrusive thoughts (scrupulosity).
I donā€™t know if the ones Iā€™ve now are ā€˜simplyā€™ obsessions or intrusive thoughts, they are aggressive or inappropriate phrases that take control of my head.

1 Like

Sexual about family members or people Iā€™m talking to, combined with a fear that my thoughts are audible, and violent ones towards small creatures in my care or power.

4 Likes

Anti religious. Government fears.

Usually really rude, over the top aggressive thoughts directed towards others or myself

usually sexual or violent, many unacceptable sexual thoughts about loved ones. ive found redefining what i consider unacceptable helps me tolerate the thoughts. they dont cause a lot of anxiety anymore, generally my thoughts are pretty immoral and dark basically all the time. even if they arent intrusive i have many dirty thoughts, almost like thats my natural way of thinking.

1 Like

anti religious, and very violent towards myself. I donā€™t act out on the voices, but they get quiet disturbing.

Very disturbing thoughts to kill my loved ones or harm them. They are NOT my thoughts. I would never harm anyone. Itā€™s Alien messing with me. Fortunately I donā€™t get them as often as I used to. Itā€™s all random.

4 Likes

Mine are usually racist. Very quick and short outbursts in my headā€¦ thank goodness not out loud. I find that if I donā€™t ignore, but acknowledge and ā€œrebukeā€, similarly to how I handle voices, they go away.

1 Like

thoughts I donā€™t mean, people judging me by my intrusive thoughts

1 Like

I barely get intrusive thoughts anymore. I think mine were caused mostly by energy drinks! Please stay away from that stuff guys!

1 Like

Mine are sexual and/or violent, disgusting and/or disturbing, or random and/or unintelligible.

1 Like

Mine were sexual about a family member. It was very disturbing. I donā€™t have them anymore.

2 Likes

i get intrusive memories ;/

1 Like

Constant dialog of thoughts which dwell on the past, tell me iā€™m not good enough, obsses compare, etcā€¦

Really dumb ā– ā– ā– ā– . Like if I see a knife ā€˜stab yourselfā€™ and Iā€™m like nah.

Or staring into a nice campfire ā€˜grab the embersā€™ and I go shhhh.

Also gross stuff thatā€™s unhygienic.

Iā€™m able to handle it though, Iā€™ve had them for quite a while so Iā€™ve gotten used to it.

Once though, I had a terrible thing happen to me. I was petting my cat, which I love more then all the children on the earth combined. And the voice in my head said ā€˜snap her neck, it would be so easyā€™

I was SOOO upset I cried and cried and wanted to die and ended up going to the hospital because I was so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up over it.

Iā€™m afraid of my intrusive thoughts, have a phobia of thinking about celebrities and famous people and regular people. I have been threatened before just wish for sane and positive thoughts. Intrusive thoughts makes me very anxious and depressed.