If you could start your own business?

If you had the money to start your own business, what kind of business would that be?

I would start my own beauty and fashion line.

3 Likes

Internet Cafe, Actuarial Company, Investment Banking Company, Software Company, or Psychic Advising company lol.

2 Likes

theres a few things. id like to run a small farm, own a restaurant and maybe even a vineyard. I can think of quite a few things, nothing original really but that’s ok with me

3 Likes

I would start a business designing and building guitar pedals.

2 Likes

I’d start with a dropshipping business to test certain product lines, then when they succeed I’d switch to wholesaling them with Amazon.com fulfillment centers, so I don’t have to deal with inventory by hand.

3 Likes

Me too @mermaid1 I would do a fashion and beauty line, maybe make it for all figures, all skin tones.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to design shoes and sandals. I just don’t know how to get started in that business. There’s always a market for that though. :mans_shoe: :sandal:.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted to start a beer delivery service. Just like pizza, a business that delivers craft beer to your door.

2 Likes

I’d start a custom short fiction writing business. They tell me what story they want written (No illegal content, obviously), how many words (Minimum 250, max 10000), and I give it a shot. I don’t know how I’d monetize this in a way to gets me decent money or reliable business, but it’s just something I thought of off the cuff.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
I wd make a factory lol
Look funny ??
I d make factory and employ so much people
So too much people will get their money for living from me
:smiley::rofl:
I get back my money from workers ’ work
Get so much and become millionaire multi millionaire
Get so much money and get so much problems and die unpeacefully for being stupid
Stupid he get so much money lol :rofl:

2 Likes

There are so many industries to choose from & so many employee sized businesses out there. Besides that, the type of business whether it be a sole proprietorship, a partnership or corporation. Then you have to deal with competition and if the market is a monopoly, monopsony, oligopoly, perfect competition…etc… Then there are the legal aspects such as trademarks, logos & patents. Who would your target market be meaning who are your customers?

2 Likes

An art shop. But I need to get more confident in my abilities first.

2 Likes

I’d like to deal in licit warez… freely provided, but only on the linux platform… stellar apps that everyone has to pay for unless they take on the one and done challenge of switching to non-proprietary software.

“Free on linux”… would be a stamp on the bottom of every add… next to the “Download from Play store today”

People like that money moves… only because they like dreaming they make money… it should only be easier if more money is moving…

2 Likes

Long ago I was thinking of starting my own landscaping business. Get my own truck and tools and a lawnmower and some other things. Never panned out though.

2 Likes

I’d do a shop that sells computers. Custom builds but you’d have to sell cheap systems to meet your margin and there’s plenty of players in the game! It’s a dream. You’d need too much capital to even cut into other business’ but hey…it’s good to dream!

3 Likes

A food truck. But that has been over done.

2 Likes

I would either start a restaurant with some of my more creative ideas for meals, or a weather products store. On a side note even though I’m better at history I’ve often desired to be an Introductory Meteorology teacher which I feel I have the ability to do and give kids a understanding of what they faced in the field which is something I could not find in my schooling from K-12. In a way my books section of that store would be in that direction.

2 Likes

I did this but got blackballed twice trying to work locally. Business networking will throw out some people. Online potential is fantastic though…Discrimination is bad locally… Local work does screw out people regularly in some jobs and no unemployment for the women taking low paid office work around here to get by. So, not desirable to even bother working in person in this area. Only been discriminated against 1 time working online…but NEVER discuss your diagnosis or health symptoms, only accommodations to get the job done like flexible schedule for insomnia or same schedule, no public contact or work at home only to deal with psychotic coworkers harassment…

I do writing, social media, graphic design, video/photo…Will take office work.

1. Try to attend the classes at your local Small Business Administration or small business coaching department at local college. If you meet with hostility, SBA has GREAT online webinar library to learn all the taxes, marketing, loans, banking, accounting…
  2. Pick business name by searching on internet for it.
  3. Get EIN # from IRS website. You give this in place of SS#. Will protect you when working online and answering blind ads…Have to learn small business taxes with 1040 SE and quarterly estimated tax payments. You have to do your own tax savings of about 30% also so you can pay quarterly taxes…
  4. See if you need to register your EIN # with your state Department of Revenue so you file annual state income taxes.
  5. Craigslist is GREAT source of jobs and projects. Searchtempest website will search Craigslist for entire US.
  6. Can use online tutorials like Lynda website to learn new software and some online work. Only $35/month and no BS from mentally unstable professors at the college.
  7. Ebay is EXCELLENT source of equipment for 20% of retail.
  8. Rental softwares like Adobe monthly are great opportunity to do creative work without having to pay $2500 for the software…
  9. Some areas are tough on work-at-home…Can run into landlords in apartment complexes who refuse to allow even web design or transcription from home. Some have been threatened for being home all the time in screwed up areas…I had better luck renting detached houses or duplexes for online work. Can be better to hide your equipment somewhat if you are in marginal neighborhood…Take tripod to car in trash bag is example and NEVER carry a briefcase for computer, always a backpack. I would NEVER show any of my stuff in yard…In poor neighborhoods, theft is a way of life so work equipment is really tempting to steal. Can try to rent a place to store equipment offsite like inside fenced area of storage unit with keypad with PIN to enter and cameras…
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.