Schizophrenia.com

If you could do one kind thing

What would you do?

I’d make my adult daughter a batch of her favorite cookies. I miss her.

2 Likes

I need to try to be kinder, but I’m a stubborn social misfit.

1 Like

I’d bake a german chocolate cake for my mom. Ironically she has the cake pans so I can’t make them until I move lol.

When I made my first loaded bagel in months recently, I forgot that I only eat one half at a time, I used to give the other half to my mom. I’d set it on her dresser in the morning around when she was getting up with a drink. I did that any time I made one for breakfast. From that point on I just started making one half at a time since she’s not around anymore.

1 Like

That was so nice that you did that for your mom. :blush:

1 Like

I really look forward to living with her again, even if it’s just for a year or two. I’d love to help with the groceries and the shopping trips again :smiley:

1 Like

I like being kind, it makes me feel more human. I was out today going to doctors appointments and other drivers bug me but I would look at some people and exchange friendly looks. The receptionist at the doctors kind of doesn’t like me and I kind of don’t like her but it was only me and her in the waiting room so I pulled some stupid joke out of the deep recesses of my mind and we shared a laugh and relaxed. And the cashier where I stopped for a soda was cool and friendly. And they love me at my dentists, they treat me better than just about any place I go.

So 8,535 days down, 4,902 to go.

1 Like

Feed a hungry animal. It’s hot out here. Bring water. Stay with it a few.

2 Likes

idk, i am a kind person, i do loads but i am not totally infallible, my friends all like me, i crack jokes and smile as much as i can, it helps me deal with the stress of life on meds with mi, i think the best thing i’ve done lately is helping with the editing of a quarterly paper for our clubhouse it is the autumn edition :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d go with @cbbrown to her fathers funeral.

3 Likes

Thank you 15151515

2 Likes

I’d find a guy who was genuinely down and out and give him $20.00. People have done that for me before, and the money helped a lot. The only problem with that is that you can’t tell if a person is on the level about his need, though. So many people are scamming that way.

1 Like

I don’t know.
I’d love to a be “spark friend”. It’s someone who comes to elderly people’s homes to have coffee with them and take them on walks.
It’s sort of a “let’s fight loneliness” program.

1 Like