If I go swimming with a waterproof mp3 player

yes I did google this but nothing really came up :frowning:
so Iā€™m guessing it has not happened
but then again not many people use them in water

1 Like

Is the internet safe? How do you know?

1 Like

The is Sony MP3 player all in one for 60Ā£ yeah twice as much but looks cool itā€™s specially designed for swimming

1 Like

Yea true but itā€™s a good starting pointā€¦

1 Like

Ah nice thanks @anon48059102 I am gonna have a look

:slight_smile:

Very highly probably not. The mp3 player just does not have enough current to cause bodily damage unless the battery unexpectedly explodes. The issue relates to grounding, surface area and mass. Most swimming pools are grounded which would drive voltage to ground and not you. Also most modern mp3 players have limited battery capacity, which spread over such surface area and mass makes the current in question impossible to penetrate your dermal skin layerā€¦

The AC line is a different story.

2 Likes

Mp3 players donā€™t usually have batteries anyway do they?
They just get charged with a USB right

Is it relevant to the MP3 player and swimming pool

I think the mp3 player will be damaged. My Bluetooth headphones went through the wash and they were supposed to be waterproof and they were damaged. I envy you because you are going swimming lol

1 Like

Some MP3 players have permanent internal batteries that you recharge. Others use removable batteries (e.g. AAA).

1 Like

Yes. If the MP3 player is connected to an AC outlet and it falls in the pool with the plug intact, it can kill you.

1 Like

According to the reviews for this one it works since it specifically designed for that. I was impressed too tbh didnā€™t know they had invented such a thing.

OK that I knew. Didnā€™t know what AC was.
Thanks inner circle
:slight_smile:

Thatā€™s pretty cool!

1 Like

I think if it says itā€™s waterproof you should test it out in a sink then if that works, you can go swimming with it.

2 Likes

OK. Thatā€™s a good idea.

2 Likes

So I went swimming today and thought the movement of the water sounds quite nice. Maybe music will be too much. Anyways Iā€™m scared i may be the first person to be electricuted. Or I donā€™t want the hassle to worry about this so maybe I will just not listen to music at least the pool doesnā€™t play their own music so Iā€™m not forced to listen to some other stuff. Idk decisions decisions

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.