I wonder if food helps?

When it comes to akathisia w geodon? Because I’m thinking what was different about yesterday is that I took my dose with very small meals. Last night I had a big dinner and took geodon with it then and had no akathisia! Weird…

“I wonder if food helps?”
Yes every time it works when i am hungry :smile: lol
But for akathisia i don’t know. You said:

Usually i have akathisia, i feel the need to walk and i am restless during day until about 6 or 7 PM, after this hour/time i am calmly and don’t feel the need to walk

I get terrible anxiety. It feels like I’m falling off an endless cliff.

1 Like

The best part from my akathisia is that i don’t have to stay all day in bed, i’m always thankful for that.

1 Like

I got dyskinesia on Latuda … some weird stuff.
Now back on Geodon, I love it.

It’s not good energy it’s bad. It’s like I’m so restless I can’t do anything at all because I can’t focus on anything.

YES! You need to eat at least 500 calories with Geodon! Otherwise, it all floods your system at once, then washes out.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! I took it with a hearty meal today and no akathisia!

1 Like

I use MyFitnessPal to make sure I’m eating enough calories with my med. taking Geodon on an empty stomach is just like missing a dose.

1 Like

Well technically I wasn’t taking it on an empty stomach, just a small meal, so like a pumpkin loaf from Starbucks or a small frozen burrito. Definitely not 500 calories but I didn’t know I had to eat specifically that much since it just says take with food on the label