I will be "cured" by 2018

I know there is no 100 sure fire cure, but I’m going down to part time work to get weekly therapy, never forgetting my meds, stopped Facebook (my trigger), ending toxic relationships, practicing accountability, eating better, meditating daily, and finding or creating a group of like minded people with mental illness to have support. My “cure” is coming! So is yours

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re a man with a plan.
Fingers crossed ! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Facebook is my trigger too. Every time I set up an account I should realise it’s mania.

I stopped now.

Anyway sounds like a healthy way to recovery :smile:

2 Likes

Keep on keeping on.

Realistically we’re ten or so years from drugs that will help with those negatives…

Meanwhile…those who are treatment resisitant should have some better options in the next five or so years from better meds.

That is just a guess from our current medical technology.

2 Likes

You can’t erase schizophrenia even if you are doing everything right. If you do everything you list, your recovery will be way greater than if you did nothing at all, but I’m pretty sure there is no cure and if you ask a hundred psychiatrists about if a full recovery is possible, you might get 40 different answers, some saying yes, some saying no. But hey, don’t let me bring you down, you have to trust your self and your own instincts. I’m not saying a full recovery is impossible but evidence I’ve seen tends to lean towards that many make fantastic strides in their recoveries but no one escapes schizophrenia scott-free.

Yes. Ever hopeful

1 Like

Yes, ever hopeful.

I know there is no cure, I’m saying I will be at my best in my condition

1 Like

Bingo. Hitting the nail on the head as usual.

1 Like

I am definitely treatment resistant. However, my depression is under control. I agree about new meds.