I wanted to upload one folder to Google drive

Over 50 hours was the estimation! WTF!

Maybe upgrade your internet connection? Cant you run it overnight?

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 10 ms

Server: London

Your Internet speed is fast

I’m not sure about running overnight as my laptop goes to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity .

1 Like

I don’t use online file storage really. Everything is on my hard drive. My photos on my phone are backed up on google photos, but other than that no.

You can change the sleep function in the battery and power settings

1 Like

Thats a pretty fast internet connection tbh

1 Like

Yes , you’re right . I’m wary about changing it though / not sure what would be a sensible sleep time to use.

You can always change it back.
When I want to downloaf something, I leave my computer running overnight, and when it’s done, I change the sleep settings back

1 Like

Tried again.

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 11 ms

Server: London

Your Internet speed is fast

1 Like

Yea thats not bad man.

I do think it’s variable though . As I have now tv which is done via my internet connection , and I get periodic messages on the tv saying my internet connection is slow.

28 a month with vodafone - I would upgrade mate.

net

1 Like

Much depends on where you live and closeness to the exchange/type of broadband available .

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SSCAL I live in Calne.

1 Like

Unlimited

Highest download speed: Up to 17Mbps

If you’re a Plusnet Unlimited customer, your connection speed will be ‘up to’ 17Mbps, which for most light to average users is enough. An average of 8.4Mbps or above is enough for ordinary Internet use and will allow you to stream and download as normal.

@firemonkey I think you are currently in Adsl broadband. The reason your folder is taking a long time is not your download speed (that is ok) it is your upload of 0.9. This is very low compared to fibre to cabinet that I think Seth has

All adsl have a very low upload speed.

If you want better speeds you want to look up high speed fibre internet

3 Likes

So it’s comparing apples to oranges .

1 Like

You are on the older broadband. Is a lot slower

2 Likes

Also firemonkey, almost all transfers say they take a lot of time at first, but if you give them 5-10 minutes, the time usually falls drastically

2 Likes

Currently 68 hrs . Will wait and see if it drops !!

71 hours - :astonished:

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/postcode_checker/results/?postcode=sn110ae

If i got your general postcode correct - you should get fibre. +50 Mbps.

1 Like