I think stress has killed my will to paint

I haven’t been painting since I did my last piece about three months ago…I am doing a piece for my friend next month. Should be fun. don’t know if I will paint after that…it has to be mild depression from stress about bills lately I think…no will to do what I like…except play guitar…I love doing that still…

3 Likes

It’s too bad you can’t paint digitally on a tablet. My daughter mostly “paints” this way now as it costs her less for supplies.

2 Likes

never…blasphemer…haha…no really…sounds cool but not my prowess…I am a self taught artist and no computers will ever do to satisfy my artistic painting skills…

1 Like

I said that about digital when it first came out. Huffed and puffed about my darkroom, film exposure curves, etc. Truth is that I’m creating more art than ever now that I’m not constrained by the cost of supplies and processing. Never suspected that I could devote as much time as I do now to the craft.

2 Likes

plus dude…I am a humble buyer of supplies…I am buying one tube of blue paint and paying for shipping to my friend…about 22 bucks total. i could keep doing one painting a month…then do an art show in about two years. I d k…doesn’t seem possible with my low will right now…this painting I am about to do might spark me again.

1 Like

I reduced as much stress as possible as they come.

I can’t get myself to do what I loved art projects of all kinds. I stare into space.

You got your music - but hope you can paint again.

2 Likes

@Kxev @shutterbug you know…it’s the weirdest thing…after I wrote out that I was done painting…I went and sat and listened to beethoven “moonlight sonata” and I suddenly realized I am always going to regret not doing an art show in the local art walk…I want to paint again !! It will take me about two years but I will have my art show.

2 Likes

You should - I like your work.

2 Likes

thanks man…I do too…I want to do a series of sci fi paintings.

3 Likes

Cool concept. 。°。°。°。°。°

2 Likes

I know how that goes. I gave up photography to pursue other interests but I would love to start snapping pics again and I hope you get to your art show.

1 Like

I’d like to be a writer. I’ve many a good idea and have written books in my head still. That mind gets in the way of that. For me to be professional at it and do it justice I read once long ago you should write everyday. A writer I admired said they wrote at least 2 pages a day. Didn’t matter the size of the page…just two pages a day…

I’d offer to you just do it whether you feel it or not. Start a work and do at least an hour of painting regardless…it may help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.